Question

Grainy Picture Problem on Samsung DLP HLT5676SX/XAA

I have a samsung DLP hdtv that has had picture problems for awhile. It is a few years old. The lamp was replaced about 3 months ago and since the image is still awful it must be something else. I don't know enough to figure out if it's the color wheel or dmd board etc. I am hoping for some advice if anyone is familiar with this problem before i contact service and start shelling out money.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Grainy Picture Problem on Samsung DLP HLT5676SX/XAA
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Grainy Picture Problem on Samsung DLP HLT5676SX/XAA
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Clarification Request
Forbidden

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /482/2/52/1/2200252010100861717rsRGXj_fs.jpg
on this server.

Or as Obiwan says "These are not the pictures you are looking for."

- Collapse -
Links

I don't know why the links don't work but if you copy and paste the urls they do. I took apart the tv to look at the color wheel as someone else suggested that was the problem. It physically looks fine it's not broken. There is one minuscule chip one one of the color pieces I don't know if that would cause the problems. I cleaned everything and removed dust from all the parts and still there is the same awful grainy picture.

- Collapse -
Workaround.

Using your reply I can press F6 then the enter key and the pictures load. How strange.

- Collapse -
Links

aspirinmornings,

- Collapse -
Clarification Request
Have you fixed it?!?

I'm currently having the same problem and haven't yet found an answer. Did you ever figure it out? If so, what was the problem? Thanks.

CNET Forums