1. YES you do need to buy a new power supply. x800xls require at least 350w. look at antec, ocz, or enermax.
2. NO you cannot oc your cpu, YES you can the gpu. i used ATi tool, free download, for easy oc.
3. it shouldn't decrease any memory from your main memory if you have your onboard graphics disabled. check your system properties to make sure.
4. yes you can use two monitors. thats all i know for that ? lol
5. just stick with 2 sticks of 1GB. dual channel will do the rest
Just got in for $499. Everything looks great so far. I added a ATI Radeon x800 XL PCIe, and that is working great (wish that card had 2 DVI ports though). Got 2 x 1GB 400DDR PC3200 memory sticks. Haven't received just yet. The MOBO appears to be MSI. Logitech Z-2300 speakers are on the way also.
Now for the fun stuff:
I am going to swap the hard drive with the two other drives from my older computer. I am going to move my ATI HDTV tuner from the old computer to the T6212.
1. Do I need additional PS wattage? The one in the box is 300W (or 350, I forgot but I am pretty sure it is 300)
2. Sounds like I can't overclock the PC but can I overclock my ATI graphics card?
3. What happens to the integrated memory set aside for the graphics now that I have my own card?
4. I can merge two monitors together using the DVI and VGA port on the ATI card but the quality drops (1280x???) instead of 1920x1200. Is there any way possible that I can have the two monitors setup on the same machine and use one screen for the PC and use the other screen for TV viewing?
5. With 4 slots for memory, I am hoping that I can throw the 2 sticks of 1GB with the other 2 slots that are filled with 2 x 256 for a total of 3GB???