Laptops forum

General discussion

Got a new laptop, now need some accesories!

Hi all!,a week ago, I purchased a Gateway MX6124 laptop. I must say, I am VERY happy with it. even tho they say laptops with Celeron processors (Which mine has) is slow, I've not seen that happen, my laptops boots up fast and have not had any slowdowns whatsoever!

Well, now that I have my little friend, who I named DIGIT, I would like to get some accesories and cool software. I am also going to get a digital camera and printer, to use for my cartooning purposes.

So...any ideas or suggestions on what toget for little Digit?. =)

Thanks for your help!

Sincerely,
Jose (Proud owner of Gateway MX6124 laptop)

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Got a new laptop, now need some accesories!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Got a new laptop, now need some accesories!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
The first think I'd buy is a nice little wireless...

In reply to: Got a new laptop, now need some accesories!

notebook mouse. Microsoft makes a nice one that can be bought for US$ 29.00. A safe carry bag is nice (I like the knapsack style)and, depending on how you use for computer and how hot it is where you live, a cooling pad. Celeron Ms don't step down their wattage when doing more simple tasks so they run hotter than P-Ms. As we know, heat is the enemy of notebooks.

Collapse -
WebCam, Microphone, Wireless Hedaphone and Portable Speakers

In reply to: The first think I'd buy is a nice little wireless...

I just ordered a notebook myself and did a little homework on toys to add to it once it arrives. This is what I came up with so far:

Kick Butt USB powered speakers:

http://www.alteclansing.com/product_details.asp?pID=XT1

Excellent WebCam

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/CA/EN,CRID=2204,CONTENTID=10562&ad=emea_hpb_qc_fusion_oct_05

Wireless Headphones:

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/CA/EN,CRID=2439,CONTENTID=10679

There are loads and loads of reviews and descriptions for all sorts or accessories here:

http://laptopmag.com/Review/review_category.htm?category=access

Enjoy your notebook!

Collapse -
Thanks all!

In reply to: Got a new laptop, now need some accesories!

Thanks for the great Ideas all, I went to BESTBUY yesterday (Only to LOOK), and I found some cool little toys for Digit, my little laptop.:)

I want to get a printer/scanner, speakers, and a bookbag style carrying case..Thats all for right now..OH..and a wireless router..I will get more toys for Digit soon.

Thanks!:)

Sincerely,
Jose

Collapse -
Got my 1st accessory!

In reply to: Thanks all!

Hey all, Just writing to tell you that I got my 1st accessory for my laptop, a WEBCAM!, and it works very well!, more little toys will follow for Digit later, Digit has been a good little laptop for me this week, it definately deserves another reward for being good..HEEHEE! Happy

Sincerely,
Jose

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

DEALS, DEALS, DEALS!

Best Black Friday Deals

CNET editors are busy culling the list and highlighting what we think are the best deals out there this holiday season.