Hi sanik..

For whatever it's worth, I just downloaded WinRAR from CNET's download site. I scanned it with 4 different scanners, which all gave me a clean bill of health. With that said........

You wrote, "I've ran Norton which caught the 'backdoor.graybird' trojan and AdAware caught a 'Win32' trojan virus; both supposedly deleted."

If you remain concerned, have a look at the Backdoor.Graybird Removal Instructions from Symantec. I would like to think, Norton removed the registry keys referenced in the article. You might want to double-check it.

For peace of mind, I would suggest the following. Install A-squared Free 4.5. Update and perform a complete system scan.

Run a Complete Scan in Safe Mode with SUPERAntiSpyware. The SUPERAntiSpyware FREE Edition can be downloaded from here.

? Load SUPERAntiSpyware and click the Check for Updates button.
? Once the update has finished, exit SUPERAntiSpyware. Please do NOT run a scan yet!
? Open SUPERAntiSpyware and click the Scan your Computer button.
? On the right, tick Perform Complete Scan and then click Next below.
? SUPERAntiSpyware will scan your computer and when it?s finished it will list all the infections it has found.
? Make sure that they all have a check next to them, and then click Next.
? Click Finish and you will be taken back to the main interface.
? If asked to reboot please do so, in order to delete any necessary files.

IMPORTANT: Do NOT open any other windows or programs while SUPERAntiSpyware is scanning

Download and install the slim build (at the very bottom) of CCleaner. Further instructions can be found here, which you'll see incorporated into a sticky, at the top of this forum.

The above may be "overkill", but it should alleviate the "extreme frustrations" you've been experiencing. The only way you're going to avoid "unwanted visitors" again, is by not opening the door and letting them in.

Best of luck..
Carol