If no luck with default you have to use wrapper and use winXp drivers with it.
And for sure use drivers version witch works on XP.
>7) Should I try 'wicd_1.5.9-2_all.deb' first?
It is graphical network manager application. yea try it out too first.
Hello, my friend just brought the below off of geeks.
CenDyne VIA C7-M 1.2GHz 1GB 30GB 7" Netbook gOS w/Webcam
Built-in 802.11b/g Wireless LAN
It has a built in Wifi controller. The wifi adapter he has is coded for XP and not Linux.
The OS is ubuntu-like ''gOS Escape Pod 2.9 OS ''.
1) Does "wireless controller" mean this netbook has wifi installed on it's circuit broad like most laptops, or does it mean the controller is there for an external wireless device?
2) OK, I don't see the network applet for Wireless on the taskbar.
3) So, I have to install a driver first. Problem is the USB adapters he has is coded for windows.
4) Every time I try to configure in Network Manager, it doesn't give me the chance to save by clicking 'OK'.
5) Is that because there is no wireless driver for hardware install?
6) If I use wrapper, which looks difficult and lengthy, would that help using a Belkin FSD7050 ver 4? Or Viewsonic VS 10260?
7) Should I try 'wicd_1.5.9-2_all.deb' first?