Alert

Google Project FI unable to provide E911 Service

Just purchased a project Fi membership. Great.

Their system is unable to accept my home address for 911, which is very unusual as mail arrives here and I do know how to enter my address. Fedex, UPS, USPS and countless other delivery services deliver here.

This is unfortunate as it will only accept my former address 90+ plus miles away.

They clearly need to do some homework.

What is more unusual is after spending hours - literally hours - on the phone with two different technical "experts" they ask me to contact the post office and have the post office correct the problem.

Excuse me, but the post office is not providing the service.

E911 is a critical, life-saving technology that saves countless lives every year - too bad Google can't figure out how to get it to properly propigate in their system.

Shameful. Utterly shameful.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Google Project FI unable to provide E911 Service
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Google Project FI unable to provide E911 Service
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
I can't guess why your address is not workable.
- Collapse -
Project Fi Insanity

If you think that is bad... I wanted to sign up for Project Fi (my first mistake). I was not able to log in with my primary Gmail address... repeatedly. (Forgot password?, get code, not authorized, forgot password?, get code, not authorized...over and over and over.) So I used my business gmail address to sign up. When I received my Pixel XL phone (which I was to make monthly payments on) I used my primary gmail address, which is what I use for all of my accounts, to activate.

Little did I know that this was a FATAL error. To make a very long story short, Google refused to consolidate my account to my primary address; that which I activated with. Even though Google was billing me for service and sending me communications at this address they stated that they "could not find the account." Literally.

They closed the account I signed up with and have demanded $669 for the phone, immediately. (Technically, I was supposed to get a $100 holiday discount - Ho, Ho, Ho.) I do not have $669, let alone to give them.

They will not move the phone to my other account, they will not reopen the account they closed and let me move the activation there, they will not take payments for the phone, they will not take the phone back. "There is nothing they can do." This is Google. There is nothing they can do?

CNET Forums

Forum Info