Windows Vista forum

General discussion

Google Earth

by ksue4664 / June 11, 2007 10:30 AM PDT

I would like to use Google Earth.
I have Windows Vista Home Basic Preinstalled on a new eMachine.
Just looking for some feedback on weather I should download the Google Pack which I think will give me a toolbar with it?
That might be useful as I think it comes with a spell checker which I really miss since XP and doesn't it come with some Spy or Adware stuff
Or...is it better to just download Google Earth by itself?
Are these compatable with Vista?
If I go with the pack should I keep my free Spybot S&D and free AVG anti-virus?...I do not want Norton.
Has anyone else added Google Earth or the Google Pack to Vista? What do you think of them?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Google Earth
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Google Earth
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Google earth
by mopscare42 / June 11, 2007 11:20 AM PDT
In reply to: Google Earth

I have Vista home premium and downloaded Google earth without all the other stuff in the pack and it works fine.
Looking at system requirements from the download site, it does say Windows Vista.
Just uncheck what you don't want on your computer.
Even though I unchecked the Google tool bar it still put it on my computer and I had to remove it in programs and features in the control panel.
It is a little different than the version I had on XP, but easy to get used to.
Enjoy.
Wayne

Collapse -
Google Pack...
by John.Wilkinson / June 11, 2007 11:20 AM PDT

* Google Pack includes the Google toolbar, which does feature a spell checker.
* Spyware Doctor Starter Edition is also included.
* Yes, they are compatible with Vista.
* Most definitely keep AVG, and SpyBot is always good to have around.
* I have installed Google Earth on Vista, though I prefer Microsoft's Live mapping service.

Hope this helps,
John

Collapse -
In use Google Earth
by mark04276 / June 11, 2007 11:22 AM PDT

without any packs or toolbars added. Works great. Yes even if you install the google toolbar (believe is an option during setup), keep your antivirus and spyware/adware programs.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?