Uninstall from the user profile from which it was installed.
FROM THE START BUTTON
1. Go to "Start" > "Programs" > "Google Desktop" > "Uninstall Google Desktop."
FROM WINDOWS' ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS
1. Go to "Start" > "Settings" > "Control Panel" > "Add/Remove Programs."
2. Select "Google Desktop" and click "Remove."
FROM THE COMMAND LINE
1. Go to "Start" > "Run."
2. Type "cmd" to open a command prompt.
3. Type "cd C:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop" (without quotes) to change directories.
4. Type "GoogleDesktopSetup.exe -uninstall" (without quotes) to uninstall.
If so here is a link that might help with the manual uninstall (try the first three ways first):
I don't want to go in how.But I let it with my new WD external HD.Is
it really needed.I all ready turned off indexing on c\drive.It seems
like it indexes everything I do.Sometimes it is even on pages I go to
on Google.I am worried that if I uninstall it,it might mess up my new Hard Drive.What does anybody think? Thanks for input in advance!