Question

Good system for a Ryzen 2600 & RX 590?

Mar 25, 2020 2:50AM PDT

I already have a RX 590, a Ryzen 2600 by itself (no heatsink) is on its way, and I have some 16 GB 3000 MHz memory I'll use until I can find some faster for cheaper (1-2 days ago there was 16 GB 3600 MHz for almost 20% cheaper so I'll keep an eye out for a couple weeks if I can find something as cheap). I need the rest of the system. Just in case it's necessary: I have a mid-tower and Freesync 4K monitor.

What do you think of the following build? https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/LrGHJb If you think something else would be better, please have the price in a similar range (I could go a--bit--higher).

Thank you kindly

Post was last edited on March 25, 2020 2:52 AM PDT

Discussion is locked

Answer
Follow
Reply to: Good system for a Ryzen 2600 & RX 590?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Good system for a Ryzen 2600 & RX 590?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Looks like one of the PCMR builds to me.
Mar 25, 2020 7:55AM PDT

Nod to https://www.reddit.com/r/PCMasterRace/wiki/builds with a note that PCMR changes from time to time. They used the AMD 450 based boards for months.

There is an issue with the 4K monitor. I don't see high 4K frame rates being possible with your build. Are you OK with sending your monitor the usual 1080 signal to get decent gaming frame rates?

- Collapse -
20 FPS?
Mar 25, 2020 8:18AM PDT

I don't see anything about a 2600 on the URL you provided and I'd like a suggestion for a system that must contain a Ryzen 2600 & RX 590.
I don't think I even get 20 FPS currently w/o seeing tearing, if I can get to that point it would be nice. I don't play FPS, so there's no need to see things really quickly; I just want it to look good. If once I setup the 2600 system, if it persist and I can't stand it, I'll try 1440p.

- Collapse -
As I noted.
Mar 25, 2020 8:46AM PDT

PCMR changes over time and they did have those devices there for a time.

1440p on 4K would introduce very odd display issues so if you see issues at 4K try 1080p which is an exact 2X multiple and avoids the issues.

If you were looking for an exact match that would have happened on PCMR months ago. For me it's close enough to note them and move on to what issue I see with the build. That's is, you asked what folk think of the build.

Post was last edited on March 25, 2020 8:47 AM PDT

- Collapse -
Opinion on exact parts
Mar 25, 2020 9:06AM PDT

By users thoughts, it was those about that particular build; something along the line of "X is not so good, you may want something like Y instead." or "That's a good system, particularly Z.".

- Collapse -
Using your reply as a template.
Mar 25, 2020 9:53AM PDT

The build is good enough but the 4K display is not good. I'd like to see at most a 1440p 60 to 144Hz display or even a 1080p 60 to 144Hz display. 4K is going to be too much for video playback all too often. For things like photoshop and card games which don't need high FPS the 4K is fine.

CNET Forums

Forum Info