Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Good morning

by alwayssomething / May 20, 2006 11:16 PM PDT

I have to do this while my home is quiet.
I was making my toast and spreading the butter and jam. I thought of that nice lady's request about butter.
I use either what I purchase from the local farms or the store brand.

My friends thought it would be fun if folks posted their favorite home recipes. We all watch the food channel and have our favorite chefs. Many of us are empty nesters now and could use ideas for nice simple fare.

I will be waiting for your responses. The house is waking up now. Quiet time is over. Enjoy your day everyone.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Good morning
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Good morning
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I'm confused,
by duckman / May 20, 2006 11:49 PM PDT
In reply to: Good morning

"I thought of that nice lady's request about butter." I always thought Terry was a "he".

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Ah, but do you KNOW?
by EdH / May 20, 2006 11:53 PM PDT
In reply to: I'm confused,
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) "thought" was the key word
by duckman / May 21, 2006 12:19 AM PDT
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) maybe c-rush is referring to Maria Schneider
by jonah jones / May 21, 2006 12:07 AM PDT
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Your confused,where do you get the name Terry from
by tomron / May 21, 2006 12:13 AM PDT
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Much appreciated
by tomron / May 21, 2006 12:30 AM PDT
In reply to: re
Collapse -
Just a hunch
by hh / May 21, 2006 2:02 AM PDT

I think there are two people posting under same username. Mr and Mrs (or He and She). I came to this conclusion based on reading different posts by that poster, and realizing different gramatical and language approaches. Not that there is anything wrong with that! As I said, it is just a hunch.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Am I thinking of the wrong Terry then?
by duckman / May 21, 2006 2:06 AM PDT
In reply to: Just a hunch
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Terry Chavez? ;-)
by hh / May 21, 2006 2:09 AM PDT
Collapse -
And Good Morning to you! About recipes:
by Angeline Booher / May 21, 2006 1:53 AM PDT

Sorry about the gender confusion about the butter post.

But it is understandable. I didn't know yesterday which you are, as I went by the "Sean", which could be either, like a slew oth others.

As for recipes, when my husband retired, so did I. :-)Now that he's deceased, I am even more anti-cooking. Sure, I do the special ocasions, company, and holiday meals. Otherwise, I favor Healthy Choice or Lean Cuisine. To get enough vegetables, I will steam some, or dress a can of mixed vegetables with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic salt, and dried onion, which I will eat as is or mix with salad greens. (I live alone.)

I also gave up ironing over 40 years ago when I burned my very pregnant abdomen while ironing white dress shirts. Happy

Angeline
Speakeasy Moderator
click here to email
semods4@yahoo.com

Collapse -
works for me
by dianne--2008 / May 21, 2006 2:15 AM PDT

We still do all the holidays but other than that if it does not go in the mircowave I am not interested. Sometimes we just show up at our daughters at dinner time, that also works. Dianne

Collapse -
Everyone has gone and my home
by alwayssomething / May 21, 2006 7:33 AM PDT

is quiet again. I do stand at the door until I can not see the last wave and hear the fading laughter.

I see their are no new culinary suggestions. I am tired. I will let the 'nuker' be my chef. Leftovers from yesterday will keep my family here in my mind.

I noticed the hungry wolves appeared after I did not know that 'terry' was a man. Their howling must have drowned out the concept that I might have checked the profile. It did not profile anything; except previous posts. I then notice that they enjoy massaging each others adept observations. Is it always this way?

Should I request only positive replies to positive questions? Negativity is a terrible waste of time. Is net etiquette something mothers do not teach their children.

I will return tomorrow and check for any good news.

Have a pleasant evening.

Collapse -
A simple one we like.........
by Glenda / May 21, 2006 7:43 AM PDT

I can of beef enchiladas
I can of chile. beans or no beans doesn't matter
Sprinkle with onions and cheddar cheese
Nuke until cheese melts:)
when the kids were home it used to take at least 4 cans of both! LOL
GreatGrandMother of almost 5 Happy

Collapse -
People post as they will...
by EdH / May 21, 2006 7:53 AM PDT

and as long as they don't violate the Terms of Service there is nothing anyone can do to control others (nor should they IMHO). I think it's best not to take any of it too seriously. This is a very tame place compared to most places on the web.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?