I've found Core 2 Duo in that range even at Staples and more places. I've had more than my share of spotty reboots with that CPU.
I'm shopping for a laptop for the first time - have usually had desktops, and need help choosing one that will be reliable and do what I need.
What I'll be using it for:
- Web surfing 80-90% of the time (I run an online e-commerce store from home so work on the internet, checking stats, emailing people, doing research, etc)
- Uploading/downloading files via FTP. Also using Dreamweaver or Frontpage to edit websites
- Probably listening to music while I work
- Microsoft Word/Excel/Powerpoint, etc.
- Little to no gaming capabilities are needed. I have a desktop that is fast so if I ever feel the urge to play video games I'll just use that.
#1 priority is fast internet browsing/multitasking between various websites since it'll be used for working on the internet most of the time. Pages need to load fast.
Lastly, need a 15" screen or larger, I have a hard time working with smaller screens.
I would like to pay less than $800.
The two notebooks I am looking at right now are:
-- HP Pavilion DV6810US
-- Dell Inspiron (don't know what model yet, don't know the difference between models)
Thanks in advance for your advice.