General discussion

Good Gawd!!!

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Good Gawd!!!
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Good Gawd!!!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
(NT) Theoretical top speed of 400 mph!
- Collapse -
So when are you going to purchase one?

I did not have the time to read the link. Anyone know the price of this monster?
Care to take a guess?

-Kevin

- Collapse -
they sell body no engine

liability

- Collapse -
Yeah, that is wicked.

I recall reading and seeing a photo in one of my mags, but didn't know they made more than one and several have been purchased.

Another monster is a roadster that Jay Leno has. He purchased it with a M-47 Paton tank V-12 cyl gasoline engine. His shop did a engine workover putting in a Bosch electronic fuel-injection system and two turbochargers which boosted the output to close to 1600 horsepower with a little over 2000 lb.-ft of torque. Leno says he is happy the gas milage increased from 3 mpg to 6 mpg...what other auto engine can you double the gas milage with a little boost modification.

Says they have ran it at the GM proving grounds up to 145 mph, but at that speed, the car starts to walk around a little.

Leno wrote about his vehicle in the January 2007 issue of Popular Mechanics.

- Collapse -
Was also watching

a car auction held in Phoenix on one of the Discovery channels the other night and they had a 1938 Packard stretch lemo with a modern V-10 Viper engine installed. It sold for $240,000 including the stocked liquor bar.

- Collapse -
$240,000 including the stocked liquor bar.

John, I want a demo drive on this one. Want to join me?
Cocktails at 6pm!?

-Kevin

- Collapse -
(NT) 'Deal'
- Collapse -
(NT) Good Gawd!!! ... will get you a Mod visit. :-)

CNET Forums

Forum Info