General discussion

Good but cheap laptop for high school?

Hello,
I need a new laptop for high school that's under $500.
I have researched and do have some laptops on my mind, but I want more input from others.

It has to have:
• Memory- 4gb or more
• Webcam
• CD/DVD drive
• Good battery life
• At least 1 usb port

I will be mainly using the laptop for
- office use(word processing, power point, excel and web surfing, microsoft word)
-watching movies
- going on social networking sites, checking e-mail etc.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Good but cheap laptop for high school?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Good but cheap laptop for high school?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Basically all under 500 laptops

are going to be about the same. They will all be made with cheaper components. There are many laptops that meets what you want. I suggest you go to best buy and try them out.

- Collapse -
Reposted for StrachanDD

"Last week i bought this laptop for my little sister.She is high school student.
http://us.toshiba.com/computers/laptops/satellite/C650/C655D-S5085/
Meet your requirements,good luck"

But he linked to a shop that only had one left, while then price was 30 dollars more than Toshiba says. You might be able to find a better deal if you want this specific model.

Kees

CNET Forums