Question

Godaddy or ipage?

Hey

I am interested to buy a hosting plan and I am wondering between godaddy and ipage. ipage offers more services and free ads credits while godaddy also offers free ads credits but will less services. I am wondering between them and which is better. many people say godaddy is better and I am really wondering and I need your help by giving me the advantages and dis for both of them and if u know a better hosting company than both please let me know

ty

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Godaddy or ipage?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Godaddy or ipage?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
additional info

BTW, maybe my question is repeated but most of the topics I found on the internet comparing the both companies are old that's why I asked here

ty

- Collapse -
Answer
As often is the case

the term "better" is relative to what you're looking to accomplish. The more details you can provide as to what you're planning on hosting, the better of a recommendation users can provide.

That said, if you're just looking to create a 5-page static website, either one will be good.

~Sovereign

- Collapse -
Answer
Godaddy or ipage?

Both are good provider. But, I would prefer to go godaddy.

- Collapse -
Answer
go with Ipage

I have a research site on the work of Zechariah Sitchin on go daddy. I have noticed the load times are way more slow with godaddy than the site I had on Ipage. Here is my current site . You will notice it will take a long time just to load the article on the home page: http://nibirurise.com/ . It's ridiculous I am considering going back to I page Godaddy equals slow page loads well thats my advice

- Collapse -
Answer
We switched to iPage recently

Godaddy is slow, takes much of your precious time when managing PHP database, wordpress etc. Response from Customer service is also a bit slow. iPage is new as compared to godaddy. They're doing well, providing quality hosting at cheaper (discounted) prices. As per services, We recently switched our website to iPage from godaddy!

- Collapse -
Answer
Godaddy or ipage?

I must say that Godaddy is more a domain registrar than a hosting provider. As for iPage, they are a great a nd reliable hosting provider which offers unlimted resources, high uptime rates and have a great support team.

- Collapse -
Go Daddy

Go daddy is nice platform for the beginners as it offers a good number of options to the webmasters.

- Collapse -
Answer
iPage is better in general - not for eCommerce sites though.

So it kinda depends on what site you are trying to build, but generally speaking iPage is going to be a better bet. GoDaddy has a pretty poor interface. One thing to note is that iPage does not offer dedicated IP address or SSL (non shared) certificates. This basically makes selling on your site pretty hard, so if you selling on your site go with GoDaddy.

Also, all this talk about GoDaddy being really slow is not correct I did a study on both ipage and go daddy speeds here Ipage is faster, but goDaddy is not slow. I also did a full comparison of GoDaddy vs Ipage that points out some more strengths and weaknesses of each.

- Collapse -
Answer
GoDaddy or IPage?

It all depends on what you are trying to do. GoDaddy has great services and is cheap. However, IPage has unlimited everything and is also cheap. I use Ipage and I don't have too many issues! If you are ever going to use SpamFiltering with Ipage, it doesn't work and they don't try to help you. Also, if you are going to want to have multiple websites on an account, they offer a reseller program where you can host other sites for only about $40.00 per year. Great service!

- Collapse -
Answer
godaddy

Maybe ipage is better, but I've used godaddy to buy multiple hosting plan.

- Collapse -
Answer
Godaddy or ipage

I will go with Godaddy.

CNET Forums

Forum Info