Speakeasy forum

General discussion

God Bless'em. Standing For The Truth in Georgia

by James Denison / May 18, 2013 12:08 AM PDT

The other Georgia. Gay Pride NOT on parade. Back to the closet!

Georgia's human rights ombudsman, Uchi Nanuashvili, said it is
"deplorable" that gay people's constitutional rights were violated on
Rustavi Street on Friday.

hah, they have the right to repent, but concerning errant sexual expressions, there are no such rights, only wrong.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: God Bless'em. Standing For The Truth in Georgia
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: God Bless'em. Standing For The Truth in Georgia
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) Do you believe that being gay is a choice?
by Diana Forum moderator / May 18, 2013 11:47 AM PDT
Collapse -
I believe that homosexuality is a choice
by James Denison / May 18, 2013 12:26 PM PDT

Same as any other sexual expression.

Collapse -
and you "chose" to be straight?
by JP Bill / May 18, 2013 9:03 PM PDT

You made some gay men very happy.....

YOU get to "chose" your sexual preference....and THEY don't,...... that doesn't sound very fair.

Collapse -
straight
by James Denison / May 18, 2013 10:30 PM PDT

Rape may be 'straight", premarital sex can be "straight", adultery can be "straight", johns and prositutes can be "straight", marriage can be "straight". I don't choose to be "straight", I choose to be "righteous" which is accepting and living a proper concept of marriage.

Collapse -
But, if they chose to be gay,
by Diana Forum moderator / May 19, 2013 4:50 AM PDT
In reply to: straight

there must have been a time when you chose to be straight. Righteous is not a choice, it's a hypocrisy. Remember what Jesus said about the Pharisees' "righteousness". It just makes you think that you are better than others, just like they did. We have all sinned and come short of the glory of God.

Diana

Collapse -
I believe the purpose of such scripture
by Steven Haninger / May 19, 2013 7:22 AM PDT

was to explain the difference between righteousness and self-righteousness. As for our choices, I can understand arguments that we've limited control over how we think or what we feel in the way of emotions. These will be different in all of us but, if we believe in God, we must accept that we are to control our actions and behavior that derive from them. There is what we want that is permitted and that which is not. I could never think that God could hate anyone of us but God could certainly be either pleased or displeased with how any of us choose to live our lives.

Collapse -
Righteous
by James Denison / May 19, 2013 12:20 PM PDT

I John 3:7

International Standard Version (©2012)

Little children, don't let anyone deceive you. The person who practices righteousness is righteous, just as the Messiah is righteous.

Collapse -
It's a slippery slope to self-righteousness
by Diana Forum moderator / May 19, 2013 12:33 PM PDT

When you think you have all the answers and only your answers are correct, which is it?

Diana

Collapse -
(NT) It was never said to be an easy path
by Steven Haninger / May 19, 2013 6:40 PM PDT
Collapse -
But it is really easy. Just ask the Westboro
by Diana Forum moderator / May 19, 2013 9:02 PM PDT

Baptist Church or the Taliban. It is easy to proclaim that they have the only right way and everyone else that doesn't believe as they do is wrong.

I often wonder why we are the great satan to the Muslims for killing some of their's when they have killed so many of their own that we aren't even in the same league. Just a side note.

Diana

Collapse -
Westboro teaches THEIR way
by James Denison / May 20, 2013 3:13 AM PDT

God's way;

Have you not read "God is not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance"?

2 Peter 3:9

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

However after a time of repentance, judgment arrives.

Rev 2:21

Notwithstanding I have a few things against you, because you suffer that woman Jezebel, which calls herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed to idols. 21And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not. Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds. ...

Collapse -
(NT) Are you saying that Westboro is teaching God's way?
by Diana Forum moderator / June 3, 2013 3:22 AM PDT
Collapse -
I'm saying
by James Denison / June 3, 2013 9:40 AM PDT

there are rules given to live by and those who violate them will face God one day to give an account and receive what they deserve for their willful disobedience, having been taught better. Some may receive grace for ignorance, but they will still have to acknowledge the error of their way.

Collapse -
Bigotry in the name of religion is still bigotry
by Diana Forum moderator / June 3, 2013 3:17 PM PDT

So soldiers that die in war and people that die in natural disasters do so because they have God's judgment on the US? Are they the evil people or just collateral damage?

Diana

Collapse -
You are over stretching Diane
by James Denison / June 3, 2013 11:20 PM PDT

and losing any semblance of actually addressing the situation. I'd say the gay agenda, the homosexual movement, has made what you call bigotry, increasingly embraced, but even more has made it justified. If someone wants to call me a bigot simply for standing against sexual deviants, it's nothing to me.

Collapse -
You were the one that said that Westboro was
by Diana Forum moderator / June 4, 2013 1:27 AM PDT

doing God's work. I was just reciting what they were doing.

Disliking gays doesn't make you a bigot. Calling it sexual deviant does. And I don't believe in forced sex with anyone or sex with kids just in case you want to bring that up.

I don't believe any loving relationship between consenting adults is sexual deviant - maybe weird (esp. M&S) but I think eating pufferfish is weird.

Diana

Collapse -
I think that was you Diane
by James Denison / June 4, 2013 1:05 PM PDT

And it really shocked me when you said it. Shocked

Collapse -
(NT) You never said when did you choose to be straight?
by Diana Forum moderator / June 3, 2013 2:22 AM PDT
Collapse -
???? I've no idea where you're coming from here
by Steven Haninger / June 3, 2013 3:28 AM PDT

It's not and has never been my view that, at some time in our lives, we make any decision regarding what our urges will be. We do make decisions as to how to respond to our urges. We get judged by our responses alone, IMO.

Collapse -
I apologize
by Diana Forum moderator / June 3, 2013 3:39 AM PDT

This should have been directed at James when he said I believe that homosexuality is a choice

Diana

Collapse -
No problem here but aren't you being just a
by Steven Haninger / June 3, 2013 3:53 AM PDT
In reply to: I apologize

bit too courteous? You're supposed to blame the errant post on the forum software. Wink

Collapse -
Doesn't really matter anyway.....
by Josh K / June 3, 2013 4:00 AM PDT

......since James has already shown that he's confused about the difference between sexual orientation and whether or not someone chooses to be sexually active.

Collapse -
That's funny
by James Denison / June 3, 2013 9:40 AM PDT

when the real confusion is among gays and where to put it.

Collapse -
so now God is a hypocrite to you?
by James Denison / May 19, 2013 12:13 PM PDT

"Therefore, prepare your minds for action; be self-controlled; set your hope fully on the grace to be given you when Jesus Christ is revealed. As obedient children, do not conform to the evil desires you had when you lived in ignorance. But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do; for it is written: "Be holy, because I am holy." (1 Peter 1:13-16)

Collapse -
(NT) God is no a hypocrite, just some of her followers
by Diana Forum moderator / June 3, 2013 2:23 AM PDT
Collapse -
(NT) LOL, good one, Diana. :-)
by Josh K / June 3, 2013 2:43 AM PDT
Collapse -
Her?
by James Denison / June 3, 2013 2:51 AM PDT

Got your Asherah pole set up yet? Or you prefer the Tamuz weeping group?

Collapse -
(NT) I doubt if God has a gender so she is a good as he
by Diana Forum moderator / June 3, 2013 3:23 AM PDT
In reply to: Her?
Collapse -
Diana, just wait till James learns......
by Josh K / June 3, 2013 3:32 AM PDT

.....that Jesus was Middle Eastern and not a white European like in the paintings. Wink

Collapse -
Uh, I thought the Jews claimed he was a *******?
by James Denison / June 3, 2013 9:42 AM PDT

Half Roman, a son of soldier Pantera aka Panther?

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?