General discussion

Globalheart.exe?????

Hello,

Recently I've been having a message pop up about every minute on my comupter. Well it doesn't always pop up, but just out of nowhere it'll start and it seems to start when I open my C drive to go through files. The message is for Internet Explorer and it says "Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close."

I've noticed that every time the message pops up that a new file is listed in my task manager under the processes tab. The file name is globalheart.exe. I've searched my computer for this file, and actually as I opened up the search window the messages have started to pop up again. There is a file called globalheart.exe... and it's located in Windows/Prefetch. I've deleted it before and it just comes back.

Any help??? I've run virus and spy seaches and it's still happening. I can ignore the messages and just click "Don't Send", but too many of these global files activate and it "overloads" my computer.

Also, I've tried deleting my IE but it won't let me. Prior to attempting to delete it I tried to find the Uninstall junk for it, but it was missing. I've also tried unpluging my internet, but the messages keep coming!

Please???

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Globalheart.exe?????
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Globalheart.exe?????
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Globalheart.exe?????

First of all, IE is so integrated into Windows that there's no way you can completely uninstall it... there might be a way but I've never heard of it.

When you deleted the file, did you delete it by putting it in the Recycle Bin and then emptying it? If so this method will most probably not work as Windows stores backups of everything you delete from the Recycle Bin.

Try downloading a file shredder *spybot comes with a free file shredder in it's expert mode*. Then go into search, check "advanced search", check "search system subfolders", "search hidden files and folders", "search subfolders", and "search tape backup" and do a search for the globalheart.exe file. You may pull up copies of it not only from the prefetch folder but also from the Recycle Bin backup and system restore files. Go ahead and use the file shredder to shred all of these, preferrably 7 times *just to make sure Wink*

- Collapse -
Odoyle, More Information Please

Which operating system? What type of internet connection? Are you running a firewall? How long ago did this start? Have you tried using a different browser such as Firefox to surf the net?

In the meantime, (I know you said you've done virus and spyware searches), but please use ALL of the ones that I'll list below.:

First, scan the computer online, if you can, by clicking on either, or both of the links below and running the free scans that they provide:

Housecall Online Scanner

Panda Online Scanner

Next, download, install, update, then run the free spyware removal tools from the links below. When you're ready to run the tools, you should restart the computer into "Safe Mode", then run the programs while in "Safe Mode".:

Ad-Aware">http://www.lavasoftusa.com/support/download/]Ad-Aware

CNET Forums

Forum Info