Rant

Glitch in the CNET forum page design?

I noticed a few weeks ago, that the...

PAGE:1 2 3 4

...jump link that used to appear above and below a post now only appears at the top of the page. Is this a glitch in my web browser (safari) reading the page correctly?

If this design change was intentional, then it was a poorly thought out move. I don't like having to scroll to the top of a page just to move to the next set of posts in a thread.

The point is, if the web designers did this on purpose, then they are a dumb ***.

As always... I am happy to share my unsolicited opinion!

Devil

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Glitch in the CNET forum page design?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Glitch in the CNET forum page design?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
I see that.

I see more adverts/links so I have to page down one more time.

- Collapse -
whoops, my bad...

I just now saw that the jump link I was bemoaning about is now below a bunch of adverts.

Still a stupid design move.

- Collapse -
All that is needed now is adverts on the right.

Hmm, wait, maybe I've seen that too.

- Collapse -
naw man, I want the adverts that balloon up over the thread

Yeah, I wan't the animated balloons that pop up over all the threads when you click on them, and then shrink down out of sight after, say... 10 seconds or so.

Yeah, that's the ticket.

If CNET does this... I want royalties.

Grin

- Collapse -
Actually. I need to craft a post about something.
- Collapse -
(NT) one of my favorite movies.
- Collapse -
Which one?

O___ m_ b___
A__
I______

- Collapse -
lol... now I feel like I'm doing a MacHeist puzzle.

first clue:

Do you like money?

Wink

- Collapse -
Cnet just catching up with the rest

It will only get worse no matter where you go. Whoever would shake your hand wants to get their other one in your pocket.

- Collapse -
lol, well, I have to admit...

... when I hire a new sales associate I tell them that customers walk into the store with the associates money in their pocket and it's the associates job to figure out how to get that money back.

Sigh... sometimes I miss when I was a social worker. That was before I went over to the dark side.

Devil

- Collapse -
At least they have gone totally to the Dark Side.
- Collapse -
(NT) interesting link

CNET Forums