First of all, for me, it's not so much about the money. Let me clarify that - I'm not going to be retiring any time soon, but I guess I'm the type of person that the refraction of the picture into the outer edges of the bezel would bother. Like the Cnet review stated, it's not so much the light that's distracting, but the mimicking of movement along the outer edges of the bezel. It's pretty much like there's a 1/4" mini tv all around the edges of the glass that frames the tv.

So, as far as price, I really don't know how happy I'd be with that even at a price lower than the 6 series. It's just really unfortunate that this design flaw slipped through.

The positives of this tv, in my mind though, since I have owned both, are this. The 7 series seemed to me to have a little bit better picture. It seemed a little tighter, if that's possible. I'm talking same set up, same location, same Blu Ray Discs, etc. Apples for apples, or as close as you can possibly get it. The 650's picture was amazing, but somehow the 750's picture seemed even better. I also may be fortunate in this regard, but the 750 that I have, has the most uniform, and black backlighting that I have seen on an lcd. There are zero bright spots, and no flashlights in any corners. This is just with the factory settings, too. I have the ln-t4061 in my bedroom, and I was able to reduce the uneven backlight with a combination of adjustments such as backlight level, brightness, and energy saving to get it to be pretty good, but not perfect. Of course this is only noticable on a widescreen movie where the aspect ratio does not fill the top and bottom of the screen, but anyway, again, I guess I'm the kind of person that things like that distract or bother me. Just a note, the settings on my 40" were very minimal. Backlight -1, brightness -3 or 4, and energy saving to low. The picture on that tv is also pretty fantastic, but not in the league of the 6 and 7 series.

Anyway, back to if it's worth it. Well, the content library was kind of cool to see the first time, but I agree with Cnet as far as it probably won't get used all that much. At least the way it stands right now. The DNLA seems limited, but I didn't really get this tv for that either. The 7 series, to me, physically, is a much better looking tv. I love the bezel, I love the squareness of the tv itself, and I prefer the touch of color design on the 7 series as well. It is barely noticable, since it is more like a thin strip, almost like clear tape, and the back side of the bezel surrounding the tv, as opposed to the embedded plastic tube or stick in the 6 series. I really prefer my tv to be straight along the bottom, which the 750 is, as opposed to the albiet slightly curved bottom of the 6 series. So, for me, to look at the tv's side by side, the 750 just looks a little classier.

I found it strange that out of all of the reviews on Cnet, Amazon, Circuit City, and Best Buy, that only a handfull of people addressed the design flaw of the bezel. The only thing that makes sense to me is that they must constantly watch tv in a bright room (which is why you will not see the picture in the edges at BB or CC) or they must have their tv at such an angle to where the transferrence is subdued. Sitting with your head, dead center of the screen gives you all for edges lighting up. Up or down will eliminate the top or bottom, and side to side will eliminate or tone down the sides.

I actually have my tv sitting on top of my Mitsubishi 52" projection right now (older style 2' deep wood box) and when I'm reclined in my couch looking up at the screen, I don't see the picture transferrence in any of the edges. As soon as I stand up though, I get all 4.

I guess there are some ways to minimize this unfortunate design flaw. I've heard backlighting, which really didn't seemed to work too well for me, but maybe I'm not an expert backlight technician - but should I have to be??? Also, somebody suggested getting 1/4" black tape from a craft store and taping off the inner edge of the bezel, where the glass meets the screen (the screen is 1/4" recessed fromt he bezel) because that it where the picture enters the bezel, and therefore would block it out, but again, should someone really have to do that to make this go away. I'm of the camp that thinks not.

Anwyay, to answer your real question, closer in price, is it worth it? That's a hard answer. Will the picture in the edges of the tv bug you? Will it make you feel like you purchased an otherwise exceptional tv? Can you live with that design flaw? If the answer is yes, than I say go for it, since this tv, for me, seemed to have the style and the picture I was looking for. If the design flaw is going to bother you, than I say no. Get the 650, save a couple of hundred bucks, and be very happy.

One more note, I did talk to Samsung technical support, and they did acknowledge this design flaw. The were very sorry, and wish that it could be repaired, but unfortunately, there is no fixing this issue since it is a physical flaw. They suggested that if I was not happy with the tv, that I return it to the retailer. They also said, that if enough people contacted them with this issue, that it would get forwareded to the developmental team for future consideration.

Anyway, sorry for the book, but I hope this helps somebody out there.