General discussion

Given computer w/no VGA jack

My neighbor is moving and gave me a computer that has no VGA jack to plug in a monitor. It has a card that has two connections that I could plug into an RG6 cable, What do i have and what do I need to do to see if it will boot and what I have?

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Given computer w/no VGA jack
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Given computer w/no VGA jack
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
(NT) What did your neighbor use?
- Collapse -
VGA Jack

I beleve this computer may have specail purpose on before and may be a TV receiver or CCTV montioring PC / recording too.

I suggest you to try to start the Pc, if there is a beep sound that you clearly can hear about that. The computer still work and may be someone unplug the card or it can DVI plug which you have no idea for that.

1. Try to locate the DVI plug, if yes, this computer use DVI and it is not use VGA. And you may need to LCD monitor with DVI.

2. I suggest you to take the photo at the bottom of the PC and the inside of the computer too. It is better to let us know and help you.

Thanks

opendistroland

- Collapse -
Thanks

Through your post I have discovered that I have a DVI equipped computer, so all I need for the present is a DVI VGA adaptor to see what I have. I will need a new and better monitor later to replace my junk back-up.

Thankyou very much

CNET Forums