Spyware, Viruses, & Security forum

General discussion

Give me a Java break already

Ive read so much info on java lately I am completely lost as well as "in limbo" upon removeing it properlly from the machine.
Upon doing a visual look into my IE's
Temp Int Files>
View Objects>
Downloaded Program Files>
a week or 2 ago I noticed that the 3 Java active X objects had became corrupt and displayed a CREATION DATE of 2068 I believe it was.

Haveing a major problem with SpySubtract (that I did not download or use) by simply visiting a link that Windows Update and SP2 information leads to (all clickable links via SP2) I finally got strightened out. For the record ZA 4.5.594.0 version useing it's "default settings of IE & Win32" will not stop from loading this
1. Surrogate, dllhost.exe is a known malicious program, also known as "Nachi" or "Welchia"
2. MS DTC console program
3. WORDPAD MFC APPLICATION
nasty little thing on a persons machine.For the record.

Anyways back to the question, Should I? or should I not? remove java? and if so, the correct way to do so. All I did was delete the 3 active X objects in the folder mentioned.

Please keep in mind the vunderability of me useing DIAL UP and I have not upgraded to SP2 as of yet.
All my comp info is on profile as the 500 words or less allows.

Far as I know my machine is clean, but I am stuck on what to do about Java.
Thanks! (Yahoo Pool seem's to work ok far as I know)

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Give me a Java break already
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Give me a Java break already
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: Give me a Java break already

In reply to: Give me a Java break already

xcks,

First, download and use the McAfee Stinger removal tool from the link below. If Welchia is there, it will remove it:

McAfee Stinger Tool
http://vil.nai.com/vil/stinger/

Have you run any online scans or is the Java causing a problem with that? Try running the free scan at this link:

Housecall Online Scanner

How about spyware? Which removal programs have you used? Links to Free ones are below:

Ad-Aware

Collapse -
I deleted your post!

In reply to: Give me a Java break already

Sorry I have to delete your post.

DO NOT post personal attacks. If you are not satisfied with the help provided do not post any attacks to anyone whether a mod or another member in public. Report any thing using Report button which is available to all registered member.

Read the CNET Community Forum Usage Policies and Terms of Use

Locking this topic now. Send us a message if you want it re-open and if you are ready to try the help provided by anyone here regarding your issue.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.