Question

Gigabyte 980 ti G1 Gaming SLI in Micro ATX?

Hello,

So I currently have a Micro ATX board and a reference gtx 780. I am planning on switching to a difference board (this one) that is also Micro ATX. I also wish to run the Gigabyte 980 ti G1 Gaming card in SLI. Being such a thick card though, I am unsure if it will block the other PCI slot. I tried looking for the specific sizes on Gigabytes website and did find them but am not sure if it will fit.

Motherboard: Here
Graphics Cards In SLI: Here

My current card is listed as a dual slot card. The 980 ti isn't specified as a dual slot but it's thickness is 42mm.

I plan on buying the 980 ti first so if it won't fit in SLI with this new motherboard I would have to switch to another card. I am trying to keep a white/black/neutral color scheme in my case so this card goes perfectly with the RGB led.

Thank you all so much!

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Gigabyte 980 ti G1 Gaming SLI in Micro ATX?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Gigabyte 980 ti G1 Gaming SLI in Micro ATX?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Is the PCI slot being use now?

If not, then I am guessing you won't be using it later. There are couple PCIe slots on this board that you can use if need be.

- Collapse -
Answer
Micro ATX? SLI? Trying to kill your gear?

That's a small box but your choice to burn up gear.

I worry about gamers that fret about color schemes over good gaming rigs.

A single 980 is pretty big so it takes up 2 slot spaces. It only plugs into the one slot. That has confused many.

CNET Forums