Question

ghosting on left frame of 3d glasses

Hi
so I've had a samsung UE46D6100 for about 18 months now and whilst I hardly ever use the 3D function when I do use it I expect it to be good.
I have two pairs of SSG-4100GB glasses.
The first time I used it everything was perfect. but then lately I've been getting ghost images, especially on things further away.
a couple of months ago I was trying to show a friend and everything was back to perfect.
but once again whilst trying to use it this week its terrible again.
Now I've tried changing every single setting that I have access to but no good.
I've tried to re-pair the glasses with the tv and no good.
I've even tried changing the battery in the glasses.
and this is effective with all kinds of 3D content, playstation 3 games, stereoscopic mkv files and the explore 3D app included in the smart hub. I dont have 3D broadcast television in my area so i cant check that but I doubt it'll be any different.

The one last peice of important information is that the ghost image only appears on the left eye. if I close my left eye, the right eye doesnt see any ghosting, but if i close the right eye the left eye sees an obvious double image.

This is driving me nuts and any help will be appreciated.
I will hopefully try to load a 3D movie onto a usb and go to a showroom with my glasses to exepriment on another tv to see if i can limit the problem to the glasses or the tv.
thanks for any help in advance.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: ghosting on left frame of 3d glasses
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: ghosting on left frame of 3d glasses
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Re: ghosting on left frame of 3d glasses
- Collapse -
Answer
Same ghosty problem

Hi first_earth,

I know, this is an old thread, but I'm facing the very same issue. I have UE46D6100 for about 4 years, and the left frame is very ghosty.
Could you manage your problem somehow? If yes, how?

Thanx
Andie

CNET Forums