The CNET Lounge forum

General discussion

getting tv shows and podcasts from itunes

by maryc2009 / March 1, 2009 9:44 AM PST

I purchased a tv show and 5 podcasts...they are showing up under tv shoes and podcasts under library in itunes. I have no idea how to get it to my player??????also where is best and easiest place to purchase and download movies and books.

please help!! give me the best detailed steps to do this..

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: getting tv shows and podcasts from itunes
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: getting tv shows and podcasts from itunes
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
1st Question
by scrawledinwax / March 1, 2009 10:09 AM PST

Do you have an iPod or a non-Apple player?

Collapse -
help!
by maryc2009 / March 1, 2009 10:53 AM PST
In reply to: 1st Question

I have a Creative Zen 16 gb...i think it is a non apple device?

Collapse -
Oh
by scrawledinwax / March 1, 2009 1:25 PM PST
In reply to: help!

Use the Zencast software that came with your player to get the podcasts on your player.

TV shows and movies from the iTunes store only work on Apple devices (the iPod, iPhone and AppleTV). They won't work on your Zen.

Collapse -
Doctor m
by Nicholas Buenk / March 2, 2009 7:19 AM PST
In reply to: Oh

Strikes again!

Collapse -
podcasts
by ktreb / March 1, 2009 2:06 PM PST
In reply to: help!

As long as the podcasts are in mp3 format, you should be able to play them on your Zen. Just use whatever software that you're using for music to locate where your podcasts are and transfer them. You might be able to do a drag and drop through Windows if you can get the player to show up as a drive.

But you're probably better off using ZenCast to get your podcasts. As far as the tv show, you're out of luck using iTunes because they're only playable on iPods.

You might want to look into Amazon's Video on demand service. It's compatible with the Zen.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_3757822_2?ie=UTF8&docId=1000038721&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=left-6&pf_rd_r=15FGHKATZ7J5DBFT2640&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=465338011&pf_rd_i=16261631

Collapse -
Zen supports AAC too
by ktreb / March 1, 2009 2:13 PM PST
In reply to: podcasts

So, if the podcasts happen to be in aac format (this might be a rarity - the ones that I know of also offer it in mp3), as long as they're drm free, as podcasts usually are then you should be able to play them on the Zen.

Collapse -
Zen also supports aac
by ktreb / March 1, 2009 2:16 PM PST

So, any podcasts in aac, which I think is a rarity (the ones that I know of offer their podcasts in mp3 too), should play on the Zen.

Collapse -
amazon video
by maryc2009 / March 1, 2009 10:49 PM PST

What are my steps..I purchase a move in amazon - what do I do next to download into my creative zen mp3 player. I so lost!

Collapse -
instructions from Amazon
by ktreb / March 2, 2009 4:22 AM PST
In reply to: amazon video
Collapse -
WMP also works
by DangMI / March 2, 2009 1:47 AM PST

The latest Windows Media Player will recognize a Zen (at least, it does for my Zen V:M) and auto-synch after intial setup. Any mp3 works w/o issue.

Also, I haven't gotten anything from iTunes for my Zen, but there are free vid converters out there that I've used--would any of those work? .avi appears to be the preferred but Zen handles several formats.

For that matter, Zen comes with video converter that I've found sort of hit or miss but worth checking out.

And, FWIW, I pretty sure I DID get a TV show once from iTunes and I know I played it on my computer. A small correction but it is not true that can only play on iPods--maybe this would be a better-than-nothing option for the OP for the stuff that has already been paid for?

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!