Video Cameras forum

General discussion

Getting the Canon ZR300

hey im am looking to get the Canon ZR 300 Camcorder and i was wondering if anyone had bought one and knows how it works just wanna know how its working for ya

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Getting the Canon ZR300
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Getting the Canon ZR300
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
ZR300

In reply to: Getting the Canon ZR300

How IS it working -- for YOU?
I am torn between that and an Elura 80.

Your thoughts?

Collapse -
Check the Elura 85

In reply to: ZR300

Hello,
The ZR line was in the running for a long time with me, until I saw the review on www.dvspot.com. The ZR300 had a terrible motor noise that made me steer clear off it. As far as I know dvspot.com is the only website that tests motor noise, something that is very important if you intend to film babies sleeping, recitals, speeches, sunsets, etc.
I went with the Elura 85, after much research. It was only $35 more than the 80, and I like the mic input. You may not need that, and will then enjoy the Elura 80 for less than $400. Check pricegrabber.com.
Enjoy

Collapse -
I bought the ZR-200 and it was...

Horrible. The motor noise was terrible and there was a clicking noise during the recording. The picture was dark in anything but the brightest of sunlight. It faired poorly in the reviews in low light recording, and I can attest to the fact that it did not perform well for me. I sent it back for the JVC GR-D94 and am well pleased with my new camcorder.

Collapse -
Canon ZR 300

I have had my ZR 300 for about a week now and so far so good. The video quality is adequate and it is fairly easy to use. It does have a few cons that I can learn to live with. The LCD solarizes in sunlight, the hand strap interferes with the bottom-loading tape, motor noise is noticeable on playback, and the software is useless for video. Other than that, the zoom and focus are good and the 16:9 is very cool. For an inexpensive cam it does what I bought it for.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.