If your office's or home's electrical installation is shoddy, and you are somehow grounded, you might get electric shocks from any metal component you touch. Used to happen to me at home until i re-wired it, if you touched any exposed metal part of the computer while barefoot it would shock you pretty nasty.
Hi BOL'ers. I'm responding to a voice mail from the show on 1/2. I had the same problem before getting tiny shocks from my headphones, but they were plugged in to my PC at work. This didn't happen every time when I used them, but enough where I ended up getting a different pair. I've never had any problems since then.