TVs & Home Theaters forum

General discussion

Getting my Computer to display on my Plasma?

by paulbuligan / April 11, 2006 7:07 AM PDT

Thanks for taking the time to reading my thread.

I just bought a Pioneer 4360HD plasma screen TV. I have my computer set-up a couple of feet away, and my goal is to display the image from my computer on my computer's display and on my plasma.

My video card is an ATI Radeon X300 with comes with a VGA, s-video and DVI outputs. Although, when I try to connect my DVI with my VGA still plugged in my computer screen goes blank.

Can anyone help me figure out what I need to get these two to work?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Getting my Computer to display on my Plasma?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Getting my Computer to display on my Plasma?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Getting my Computer to display on my Plasma?
by jcrobso / April 11, 2006 7:17 AM PDT

Although, when I try to connect my DVI with my VGA still plugged in my computer screen goes blank.
Some cards will only handel one diplay at a time. One or the other but not both, check the info on your card. John

Collapse -
this might work
by gabereyes / April 11, 2006 1:36 PM PDT

I have an ATI 2600 I think, anyways I use a DVI to HDMI to the TV, But I had to download an ATI update called catalyst control center to get it to work properly on the TV, or you might only be able to do one display at a time, Im not the best computer guy, I just push alot of buttons and kick things to make them work, I like to call it the jerrys service manual.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!