I need some help in setting up my home theater system, because i'm getting 2.1 surround form my 5.1 home theater system.
Sorry for the long post i had made and please be patient to read it all and provide with me an alternative solution.
Here are the devices i use
1. sansui HT-3606 5.1 home theater system.
2. Takai DVD player with Dolby digital
3. Sony Bravia KDL42W700B T.V ( It got a normal cable connection without any sort of setup box at all ).
4. Speakers ( Front left and right, Rear left and right, Center )
Here are the diffferent input and output connections my devices have
1. sansui HT-3606 5.1 home theater system - 5.1 input ( It doesnt have any digital optical or coaxial or red/white RCA input ) and 5.1 output ( For fornt Right and left ,center, Rear Right and left ).
5.1 input means it has got total 5 rca type cables for 5 speakers one for each.
2. Takai DVD player with Dolby digital - Red/white RCA input, coax
input and 5.1 output, Digital optical output
3. Sony Bravia KDL42W700B T.V - HDMI input and Digital optical output, 3.5mm male to Red/white RCA female output, HDMI output.
Here are the connections i made
- Sony Bravia KDL42W700B T.V ( 3.5 mm male to Red/white RCA female output ) to Takai DVD player ( Red/white RCA input )
-Takai DVD player ( 5.1 output ) to sansui HT-3606 5.1 home theater system ( 5.1 input )
-Sansui HT-3606 5.1 home theater system ( 5.1 output ) to Speakers ( input ).
-T.V and Sansui home theater system are given power supply but not for DVD player.
I thought that by using DVD player as an intermediate device i can get 2 purposes done
1. It would act as a decoder by converting 2.1 to 5.1 as it got Dolby digital.
2. I havent got different inputs for my Sansui home theater system ( it had only 5.1 input )
The problem is i have been only getting 2.1 form my home theater system - that means DVD player is not working as a decoder even when i provide it with a power supply or not ( This above setup with DVD player as an intermediate is working when DVD player is provided with power supply and without power supply ).
Are there any setting need to be done on the DVD player so that i can get 5.1 surround.
please provide me with an alternative solution.