Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Get your aspirin ready

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Get your aspirin ready
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Get your aspirin ready
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Aspirin? Give me a couple of Percodans.....

In reply to: Get your aspirin ready

Collapse -
I'll grant you your drugs ...

In reply to: Aspirin? Give me a couple of Percodans.....

... but none for the others. While I don't agree with Colson's assertions, they do fall right in line with those on the left that insist the way to combat terrorism and enemies of our country is to (a) try to understand them, (b) not offend them, and, whatever you do (c) don't upset them. After all, we all know Kim Jung Il wouldn't have revived his nuclear program had only GWB not upset him. Yeah right.

I am NOT endorsing the opinions of that article.

Evie Happy

Collapse -
Re: I'll grant you your drugs ...

In reply to: I'll grant you your drugs ...

I don't know anyone on the left urging b and c as you state them above. On the other hand, no one on the right seems to be making any effort at all on item a.

Dan

Collapse -
Re: I'll grant you your drugs ...

In reply to: I'll grant you your drugs ...

Hi, Evie.

>>we all know Kim Jung Il wouldn't have revived his nuclear program had only GWB not upset him. Yeah right.<<
Since GWB went out of his way to alienate an unstable tyrant from the very first day of his Administration (immediately putting our NK policy "under review" and making derogatory statements about Il), we'll never know will we. But his program was on hold during much of Clinton's Administration.

-- Dave K, Speakeasy Moderator
click here to email semods4@yahoo.com

The opinions expressed above are my own,
and do not necessarily reflect those of CNET!

Collapse -
(NT) Yep ... and I have a bridge ...

In reply to: Re: I'll grant you your drugs ...

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) He has already bought it numerous times

In reply to: (NT) Yep ... and I have a bridge ...

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Charles "REAL" Colson

In reply to: Get your aspirin ready

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) What do you mean?

In reply to: (NT) Charles "REAL" Colson

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Charles "The author made some common sense" Colson

In reply to: (NT) What do you mean?

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) What points made sense to you?

In reply to: (NT) Charles "The author made some common sense" Colson

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) The whole article. He is a responsible writer. :)

In reply to: (NT) What points made sense to you?

Collapse -
Re: (NT) The whole article. He is a responsible writer. :)

In reply to: (NT) The whole article. He is a responsible writer. :)

Do you really think that recognizing same sex marriages will make terrorists attack us more?

Dan

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) I lost most of my opinions several days ago. :)
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) there's facts, and there's opinions. there IS no truth!

In reply to: (NT) I lost most of my opinions several days ago. :)

Collapse -
The more important question is:

In reply to: Re: (NT) The whole article. He is a responsible writer. :)

Should we keep prohibiting same-sex marriages because we're afraid bin Laden might disapprove? Do we really want to go down that road?

If you oppose same-sex marriage on some moral/religious grounds, fine. But if you're going to oppose them because you don't want to upset Osama, then you've lost me.

Collapse -
Same sex does not appeal to me.

In reply to: The more important question is:

Should we keep prohibiting same-sex marriages because we're afraid bin Laden might disapprove?
Posted by: Josh Katz Posted on: 07/08/2004 12:58 PM

Two questions to a question.

1. Are you speaking from experience (same sex) Josh?
2. You made grand big revelation about the "we're"being afraid of bin laden. Is this a fact or slip of the tongue?

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) No one will force one on you

In reply to: Same sex does not appeal to me.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Have you ever seen the worst of such case?

In reply to: (NT) No one will force one on you

Collapse -
Re: (NT) Have you ever seen the worst of such case?

In reply to: (NT) Have you ever seen the worst of such case?

CL, I have no idea what you're talking about.

Dan

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) What ever happens to Imagination Dan?

In reply to: Re: (NT) Have you ever seen the worst of such case?

Collapse -
Re: (NT) What ever happens to Imagination Dan?

In reply to: (NT) What ever happens to Imagination Dan?

I sense that you're trying to make a point of some kind and I would really like to discuss this issue with you. But you're going to have to give me a little something more to work with.

State your idea/position/objection so that I can get a grip on what you're trying to say.

Thanks,

Dan

Collapse -
Re: (NT) What ever happens to Imagination Dan?

In reply to: Re: (NT) What ever happens to Imagination Dan?

I sense that you're trying to make a point of some kind and I would really like to discuss this issue with you. But you're going to have to give me a little something more to work with.

State your idea/position/objection so that I can get a grip on what you're trying to say.

Thanks,

Dan
:
:
:
I like your cordial approach and I will try to address this issue at a later time if you don't mind. It's just that I am currently tied up with few commitments that requires my full attention.

Thanks.

Collapse -
Re: Same sex does not appeal to me.

In reply to: Same sex does not appeal to me.

Two answers to your questions (one of them a question):

1. Why? Does that matter?
2. I was referring to the United States as "we." Just like "we" elect our leaders even if "I" may have voted for someone else.

Collapse -

In reply to: Re: Same sex does not appeal to me.

1. Why? Does that matter?
2. I was referring to the United States as "we." Just like "we" elect our leaders even if "I" may have voted for someone else.
Posted by: Josh Katz

1. Thank you for making the conclusion easier for me.
2. You are missing the point - Never reveal your FEARS to the Enemies and most certainly never confess that you are fearful.It is not a good idea.

One famous sayings of the Chinese:

"When business is down, tell your customers that it's doing well. When the business is doing well, tell your customers that the business is slow."
:
:
:
Happy

Collapse -

1. It's your conclusion to jump to. A bit of forum searching might be a good idea before making such leaps though. And it's still irrelevant.

2. Are you afraid of what our enemies will do if we legalize same-sex marriage? Is that why you oppose it? If so, might as well hang out that white flag; bin Laden has won.

Collapse -

1. ...it's still irrelevant.

Subject is closed. Happy

2. Are you afraid of what our enemies will do if we legalize same-sex marriage?

As far as legalizing all social evils, COUNT ME OUT of the we, if boosting the morals and all the good and decent acts then count me among the we. Happy

Is that why you oppose it?

duh! I'm a Muslim what do you expect? Besides, read the heading to this response.

If so, might as well hang out that white flag; bin Laden has won.

Now that statement is utterly a sign of Weakness. What ever happen to bravery and courage that we are so proud of as an American. Retreat? Gosh! I never heard of such a sick word. If we have impatient boys with weak beef balls, then they better attend to the kitchen and get them Idaho potatoes fried to perfection. That's the least of their contributions.

Collapse -

You're still missing the point, which that the author of the article (a convicted Watergate burglar by the way) was saying that we should oppose same-sex marriages because legalizing them would spawn terrorist acts. That smacks of appeasment to me.

By the way, if you really want to engage in ignorant discourse about people's sexual orientations based on....well, very little.....I could make a few observations about your choice of user name. But I won't.

Collapse -

...(a convicted Watergate burglar by the way)...Josh Katz

Everyone has the potential to reform. You cannot judge a person by his past covers. The important points to consider is today. I am unlikely to be persuaded by gossip. Happy

...if you really want to engage in ignorant discourse about people's sexual orientations based on....Josh Katz

An invitation to pursue people's sex life? Well, PEOPLE'S MAGAZINE have not influenced me, why should a SE member be the first? I have to pass. Happy

.....I could make a few observations about your choice of user name. Josh Katz

An invitation to bashing? Counter productive. It is not my cup of tea. I have to pass. Happy

But I won't. Josh Katz

Very wise decision Happy
I am also informing you that I am stepping down from making further comments. I feel that the topic is heading along a different direction.

Collapse -
Re: The more important question is:

In reply to: The more important question is:

If you oppose same-sex marriage on some moral/religious grounds, fine. But if you're going to oppose them because you don't want to upset Osama, then you've lost me.

This from a guy who castigates Bush for making the statement "Bring it on"? There is a word for that Josh.

Collapse -
(NT) No he's not! He's a fruitcake!

In reply to: (NT) The whole article. He is a responsible writer. :)

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

REVIEW

Sublime suburban chariot

High on style and technology, the 2019 Volvo XC90 is an incredibly satisfying everyday crossover.