Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Get Over It,Bush Won !

by Tony Holmes / November 2, 2004 7:22 PM PST
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Get Over It,Bush Won !
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Get Over It,Bush Won !
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Yuk Yuk Yuk!
by David Evans / November 2, 2004 7:27 PM PST
In reply to: Get Over It,Bush Won !
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) And best yet - the popular vote is widening for him too
by Diane Harrison / November 2, 2004 7:45 PM PST
Collapse -
Those ABB ...
by Edward ODaniel / November 3, 2004 3:18 AM PST

(Another Bush Backer) buttons I had made will be worth a lot in the future--there are only a couple hundred in existence and they served their purpose.

I still have 11 in my possession.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!
by Evie / November 2, 2004 8:03 PM PST
Collapse -
Re: Get Over It,Bush Won ! Yes, he's won, but
by Dave Konkel [Moderator] / November 2, 2004 8:43 PM PST

the country may never "get over it." With the defeat of progressives in the Senate and three SCOTUS seats liable to be up for appointment, progress in this country has probably been set back for a generation, at least. And unless the dynamic of Bush refusing to reign in Republican pork is changed in a hurry, the economy is headed further south as well.

-- Dave K, Speakeasy Moderator
click here to email semods4@yahoo.com

The opinions expressed above are my own,
and do not necessarily reflect those of CNET!

Collapse -
I am amazed ...
by EdH / November 2, 2004 9:01 PM PST

by the concern over Republican pork by Democrats, who lived by the pork barrel for well over a half a century. Yes, it needs to be reigned in of course. Which useless social programs are you willing to sacrifice?

As far as "progress" I think the Dems represent a throwback to an earlier era. Bush has proposed forward looking ideas such as the reform of Social Security, but the Dems, ostrich-like won't even look at them.

Collapse -
Even sweeter to me is;
by James Denison / November 2, 2004 9:33 PM PST
Collapse -
and don't forget:
by EdH / November 2, 2004 10:01 PM PST
In reply to: Even sweeter to me is;

No more THK!

It's a great day.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Betting she can still step in in 1 more time
by Diane Harrison / November 2, 2004 10:21 PM PST
In reply to: and don't forget:
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) I have a feeling she'll never go away now.
by Kiddpeat / November 2, 2004 11:22 PM PST
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) VP to Hillary in 2008? *gag, choke*
by Diane Harrison / November 2, 2004 11:34 PM PST
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Oh my God! Surely, Hillary wouldn't...would she?
by Kiddpeat / November 3, 2004 1:19 AM PST
Collapse -
Watching the Silky Pony address supporters ...
by Evie / November 2, 2004 10:24 PM PST
In reply to: and don't forget:

... last night, I'm relieved I won't have to deal with his pouty mug for the next four years. I know the footage was very choreographed, but Bush released video of his family in the WH as the election unfolded. Where was Kerry? He couldn't come out and deliver this message himself? Ever more proof he was unfit for the job. But I think you're right, not having to listen to Teh-RAY-zah! is probably the best part.

Evie Happy

Collapse -
Another The dejection in the Arab terrorist ranks.
by James Denison / November 3, 2004 12:45 AM PST

Although the worst of them may rejoice for more excuses for their terrorism, they have to be somewhat dismayed that America is still behind rooting them out and getting the job finished.

Collapse -
Re: Another The dejection in the Arab terrorist ranks.
by Dave Konkel [Moderator] / November 3, 2004 2:55 AM PST

Hi, James.

I think Osama prefers Bush -- he's Al Qaeda's most effective recruiter. And I think Osama's tape was subtly intended to sabotage Kerry for just that reason, by refocusing people's attention on terrorism.

-- Dave K, Speakeasy Moderator
click here to email semods4@yahoo.com

The opinions expressed above are my own,
and do not necessarily reflect those of CNET!

Collapse -
Wow!
by Evie / November 2, 2004 10:16 PM PST

Hey John's, listen up!! Even DK admits Bush has won. Salvage whatever respect you have left and concede gracefully sooner rather than later!

the economy is headed further south as well

It can't head further in a direction it is not headed Dave. I realize you aren't apt to get an objective view of the economy from Molly Ivins and Paul Krugman, but try to get out more.

As EdH points out, it is an odd thing that it is conservatives with forward looking ideas and supposed progressives that wish to maintain the status quo.

This election was a great one for the people. The tide may finally turn from activist judges legislating from the bench, and give the power back to the people through the representatives they elect.

Evie Happy

Collapse -
We can only hope.
by Kiddpeat / November 2, 2004 11:25 PM PST
In reply to: Wow!

'The tide may finally turn from activist judges legislating from the bench, and give the power back to the people through the representatives they elect.'

Fortunately, the 9th Circuit does not supervise Ohio.

Collapse -
The 9th circuit can be replaced...
by Edward ODaniel / November 3, 2004 3:38 AM PST
In reply to: We can only hope.

at the whim of Congress and likely should be at first opportunity.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Economy down? No, DOW and NASDAQ up 1.5% today
by James Denison / November 3, 2004 1:12 AM PST
In reply to: Wow!
Collapse -
Thank God 'progress' will be set back! I hope you're right,
by Kiddpeat / November 2, 2004 11:19 PM PST

because I'm pretty sure I know what you think progress is. I guess those dumb voters just don't get it!

Collapse -
Economy will be headed North
by Dragon / November 3, 2004 1:14 AM PST

Bush wont have to worry about getting re-elected, now, so thatll also help.

And he had pledged to hold extra spending down, so I imagine thats what he'll do.

What hurt was the dot.com bust, the recession, the 9/11 attack, and the war with associated expenses. Otherwise, things would look much better.

What Id like to see is a line-item veto, especially in defense spending.

Collapse -
With the evidence slapping you in the face...
by Edward ODaniel / November 3, 2004 3:28 AM PST

you STILL can't seem to grasp the fact that ultra liberal "progressive values" have been repudiated--people do not want them! People want judges who interpret law and Constitutionality of law as opposed to those who actively attempt to legislate from the bench.

Ultra Liberal "progressive" obstructionism has been repudiated--the voters do not want it. They saw who and what the obstructionists were doing and removed them. Any Democrat with a modicum of intelligence will think long and hard about standing in the way of up or down votes on confirmations because the voting public is tired of it.

The voters have said quite plainly that American Values are NOT those that Kerry/Edwards endorsed after Whoopi et al espoused them at the Democratic affair.

Collapse -
Re: With the evidence slapping you in the face...
by David Evans / November 3, 2004 3:39 AM PST

They'll never get it, they just keep trying to disguise leftism by repackaging it and hope that it slips under the radar. It's offensive, but in the long run it works out to our benefit just like it did this time, lol.

Still gloating, Kerry and Daschle are history. Hey, so are leftist Democrats. yuk yuk yuk!!!!

DE

Collapse -
Re: Get Over It,Bush Won !
by MKay / November 2, 2004 9:46 PM PST

Tont,We are over it and willing to accept the vote of the majority. We are democratic voters and not pugilists. However we will be watching and scrutinizing every move. But we will do nothing to harm our nation or hinder his actions as long as he has the interest of the nation at the center of his decisions. This means jobs loss, safety of our soldiers and and bringing peace to our beloved USA

Collapse -
Re: PS
by MKay / November 2, 2004 10:44 PM PST

Sorry for the mispelling of your name Tony

Collapse -
Something I learned long time ago.
by James Denison / November 3, 2004 1:46 AM PST

You never get everything you want with any candidate, but then we aren't perfect either. The most you can hope for is to elect the one that comes closest to what you want for America.

Collapse -
And there in lies the problem
by W2X3XP / November 3, 2004 3:40 AM PST

I'm not so sure Bush and company is best for America. I have this feeling that those that wish us harm are slowing but surely sucking us into a quagmire that will finally be our undoing. USSR with all her might couldn't do it but it looks like a handful of dedicated terrorist might. As someone else mentioned they have no problem getting recruits.

Unless Bush is ready and willing to start cleaning up the mess he has created instead of plowing ahead with his "Bring 'um on!" attitude then I'm worried about the future. Let's go back to war on and destruction of the terrorist and not countries and their innocent.

God bless America and our Servicemen

Collapse -
Re: And there in lies the problem
by Evie / November 3, 2004 4:18 AM PST
Let's go back to war on and destruction of the terrorist and not countries and their innocent.

There's no need to "go back" when we never stopped. Are you accusing Bush of war ON Iraq? Sheesh, millions of Iraqis are FREE and readying to vote for the first time in their lives in a few months.
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Just like Afghanistan did, too
by TONI H / November 3, 2004 4:35 AM PST
Collapse -
Re: Get Over It,Bush Won !
by Josh K / November 2, 2004 10:02 PM PST

Alas, it seems he has, but I don't think it's by quite the margin that Fox News is giving him, not that I expected them to be "fair and balanced" in their projections. Look at their electoral vote tallies vs. all of the other networks.

While it's mathematically possible for Kerry to win, I think it's unlikely, and I expect he'll concede later today.

I'd was hoping our Bush supporters would be gracious in victory but it isn't shaping up that way, unfortunately.

And regardless of anyone's opinion whether I'm a "real American" or not, I'm very proud of the process and intend to continue to exercise my rights, including my right to speak up when I think something is wrong.

God Bless America.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!