General discussion

get erro from word 2000 in windows 7

After Installing Office 2000 Pro On My Lab Top With Windows 7 I Try To Open Word And Get A Error Saying No Registration Information Found The Word Shuts Down. I Installed It On My Other Lab Top With Windows 7 And It Works Fine I Deleted All Office 2010 Products. Can You Help I Have Uninstalled And Installed 3 Times Help. It Is A Hp Lab Top With A Intel Processor

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: get erro from word 2000 in windows 7
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: get erro from word 2000 in windows 7
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
You're the first to report that error.
- Collapse -
get erro from word 2000 in windows 7

I had to send the lab top out to HP to have the hard drive replaced and when I got it back I used the hp restore disc I made. now that I have reinstalled the system on a new hard drive should I reregister the windows 7 I have.

- Collapse -
Sorry.

I can't tell if this is a sign you fixed it or not.

- Collapse -
Re: reinstalling

If you restored the system back to factory conditions and you didn't register when the machine was new, there's no need to register now either. If, however, you needed to register the first time, you need to register now also.

Kees

- Collapse -
Just A Thought... Office 2000 Not Supported On Win7

Although it may work fine on one system, because it's not supported, you may have issues using it on all systems. MS Word seems to work OK when other portions of Office will fail, but in this case, it may be a problem with support.

The earliest fully-supported version of Office on Windows 7 is Office 2003 SP3..

Hope this helps.

Grif

CNET Forums