Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

Get 2nd batch of pics with Camera and Scanner Wizard

I usually have a lot of pics of my digital camera. I hook it up (XP Pro), and the wizard runs. I select a bunch I want to name Birthday and put in a folder named Birthday. Pics are downloaded, all ok.
Now, is there any way, without exiting the wizard, unplugging the camera, and starting all over, to go back and select a 2nd bunch of pics to give a different name and put in a different folder?
I know I could just download them all at once, then move them to separate folders, and then do a batch rename on each bunch, but that process sure gets tiresome.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Get 2nd batch of pics with Camera and Scanner Wizard
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Get 2nd batch of pics with Camera and Scanner Wizard
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
You can.

In reply to: Get 2nd batch of pics with Camera and Scanner Wizard

So your problem is that the computer downloads everything in your camera at one go ? What camera ? What software is used to download the pictures ? There must be guide lines for doing what you want to do.

You can always get a card reader,(assuming your camera has a memory card) then it will be like an external drive - do what you like with the picture files.

Collapse -
No, not exactly

In reply to: You can.

No, the problem is not that it downloads them all at once. The camera shows as a removable USB device and the Camera and Scanner wizard pops up. I use no other software to get the pics.

And I know I can just cancel the Wizard and access it as a removeable drive and do what I want with the files.

Either way works just fine. I'm just trying to speed up the process.

What I'm trying to say is it's a lot faster for me to go the Wizard route than the removable drive route. But only if I want to get all the pics at once, name them all the same, and put them in the same folder.

If I have a bunch of pictures from separate occasions on my camera, I do want to download them all, but I want them separated. I want some of the pics to be named one thing and put in one folder, and some of the pics to be named something else and put in another folder.

I just like how quickly the Camera and Scanner wizard lets me select the pics from one occasion, give them a name, make a new folder to put them in, name the folder what I want to, and put the pics in it.

But after I get those on the computer, I can't go back and select the next bunch from the next occasion and repeat the process without removing the camera, and plugging it back in, to restart the wizard. I was wondering if there was a way to restart the wizard, or go back, to get the next bunch of pics, without having to remove the camera.

It's faster for me to use the wizard. But not if I have to unplug/plug between captures. If that's the case, then it would be faster to just forego the wizard and go the removable drive route.

Collapse -
Why don't you just download

In reply to: No, not exactly

the pictures after each event?

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

Enter to win* a free holiday tech gift!

CNET's giving five lucky winners the gift of their choice valued up to $250!