Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Georgia: Black Man's Organs Stolen, Newspaper Stuffed

by James Denison / October 11, 2013 3:22 AM PDT
Another indication of how little govt really cares about you, especially once you aren't a future tax payer. I know they embalm people, add some things if body to be viewed to make it look better at a funeral, but taking all the organs and brain and then stuffing the cavities with crumpled up daily newspapers is just too indicative of total disregard for the deceased and even more those who cared about him. I'm surprised they didn't use expanding fast setting construction foam instead, but I guess even that would have cost too much? At least the foam could have been carved to fit a natural look better.
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Georgia: Black Man's Organs Stolen, Newspaper Stuffed
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Georgia: Black Man's Organs Stolen, Newspaper Stuffed
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Saw that earlier but the article didn't say
by Steven Haninger / October 11, 2013 3:31 AM PDT

how long the kid had gone missing. Organs deteriorate and possibly aren't able to be put back easily after an autopsy. I expect their condition would help establish the time of death. Possibly there wasn't anything solid left. It still makes a nasty sounding story. That would be a horrible way to die and I do feel for the family.

Collapse -
That's not the reason, Steven. They dig up corpses after
by Ziks511 / October 11, 2013 1:58 PM PDT

years in the ground and find enough left to make determinations of death. The only reason the organs went missing was to prevent a follow-up autopsy which the family has paid for, and which indicates blunt force trauma to the neck was the cause of death.

The family is requesting an inquest and the County Coroner is refusing. I haven't seen such an archetypal Good Ole Boy since Deputy Sheriff Cecil Pell of Neshoba County lolled in a Red Bird Chewing Tobacco peaked cap in the front row of the Mississippi Burning trial.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cecil_Price

"Cecil Ray Price (April 15, 1938 - May 6, 2001) was linked to the murders of three civil rights workers in 1964. At the time of the murders, he was 26 years old and a deputy sheriff in Neshoba County, Mississippi. He was also a member of the White Knights of the Ku Klux Klan.[1]

Although never charged with the murders Price was convicted in October 1967 of violating the civil rights of the three victims.[2] He was sentenced to a six-year prison term and served four and a half years at the Sandstone federal penitentiary in Minnesota. Following his release from prison he returned to Philadelphia, Mississippi and worked a variety of jobs. Cecil Price died following a fall from a piece of equipment at his job on May 6, 2001.[2]"

Rob

Collapse -
I see. So you have deduced that this is
by Steven Haninger / October 11, 2013 7:20 PM PDT

definitely a racial hate motivated murder and a coverup by co-conspirators. Excellent piece of work from just reading some news account.

Collapse -
(NT) Not what I said. I said he reminds me of Price. That's all.
by Ziks511 / October 12, 2013 12:50 AM PDT
Collapse -
we don't know
by James Denison / October 12, 2013 4:33 AM PDT

he could have been killed by peers of the same race. It could have been accidental instead of deliberate. A young black man that worked with me overseas was slated to go home and his friends had a going away party for him. He got drunk. Too drunk, and went to lay down. Later he was found dead in his bed from aspirating vomit. In a sense he was killed by his peers but not deliberately.

This situation certainly has something that seems not quite right concerning the death, but we can't jump to conclusions it was due to something racially motivated.

Collapse -
you chose your side I guess
by Roger NC / October 11, 2013 9:46 AM PDT

since both the autopsy office (government) and the embalmers (private business) points the finger at the other.

Collapse -
And the Lowndes County Coroner, who should be empanelling
by Ziks511 / October 11, 2013 1:48 PM PDT

a Coroners Inquest in the death, since a subsequent autopsy has found that the young person's death was not suffocation but was due to blunt force trauma to the neck, refuses to act after promising CNN's reporter on air that he would.
http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/03/justice/georgia-teen-death/index.html

The whole thing stinks, but not the way James thinks. It looks like they're doing everything they can to avoid a proper investigation of a crime.

"The new report blames "unexplained, apparent non-accidental, blunt force trauma." "

"Johnson, 17, was found January 11 in a rolled wrestling mat in a Lowndes County High School gym in Valdosta."

The Coroner (and elected office, apparently devoid of any medical qualifications) is held by a man who looks and sounds like a cast member of Mississippi Burning, on the KKK side, the movie about the murders of Andrew Goodman, Mickey Schwerner and James Chaney in Mississippi in 1964?

And the missing organs look very suspicious, because their absence prevents many of the tests being carried out.

Rob

Collapse -
The whole thing stinks, but not the way James thinks.
by James Denison / October 12, 2013 4:21 AM PDT
"The whole thing stinks, but not the way James thinks. "

You telepathic now?

I think it all sounds very suspicious, something covered up.
Collapse -
That would be the Republican State Government of Georgia
by Ziks511 / October 12, 2013 12:48 AM PDT

I take it. Governor Nathan Deal switched parties as most Southerners did in the 80's and 90's (he moved to the Republicans in 1992), so your argument is with a Republican Administration unresponsive to the plight of a black 17 year old high school student who apparently, according to the second autopsy, may have been murdered and wrapped up in the gym mat. As previously mentioned a Coroner's Inquest has been refused, for no clear reason. The Lowndes County Coroner has only permitted 7 Coroner's Juries and Inquests in 15 years, I think it was, but I may have mis-remembered the proper length of time. I remember thinking that one Coroner's Inquest every 2 years was an awfully low average. And thinking that the boys parents deserve some clarity and some closure.

Rob

Collapse -
this mat
by James Denison / October 12, 2013 4:28 AM PDT

Is it like some bleachers, where it automatically rolls up when a switch is flipped? If so, can someone be on it while doing the switch? why would anyone roll themselves up into an exercise mat? How did he get into a rolled up mat? Too many unanswered questions.

Collapse -
What's black got to do with it?
by JP Bill / October 13, 2013 2:31 PM PDT

Only reference to "black" in the article is the author of the article(Victor Blackwell)....there are pics of the victim showing a person that is black....justice is blind....everyone from MD is not concerned about justice?

You were driving down a road and you swerved to avoiding hiting a black woman and 2 children? IF it was a white woman and 2 children you wouldn't have swerved, or you wanted to mention that you had the chance to run over a black woman and 2 children and you chose not to?

You see someone/something your headlights?....black or white?.....Swerve or take aim?.....Decisions, decisions,...What to do?

Collapse -
No, JP
by James Denison / October 13, 2013 3:48 PM PDT

Got problems with pictures?

You gotta problem with "black"? Ashamed of it are you? Not mentioned in polite society? Pretend it doesn't exist? Look the other way? Ignore anyone that color? What is your problem????

"The U.S. Justice Department announced in September that it wouldn't open a civil rights investigation into the case."

Hmm, I wonder if they noticed he was "black" too? Must be that racism in the US Justice Department at work again?

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

Turn up the volume with our Apple Byte sweeps!

Two lucky winners will take home the coveted smart speaker that lets Siri help you around your connected house. This sweepstake ends Feb. 25, 2018.