Speakeasy forum

General discussion

George W. Bush in Vietnam.

by RB2D2 / August 2, 2004 6:42 AM PDT

Oh that's right he wasn't there.

Sorry

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: George W. Bush in Vietnam.
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: George W. Bush in Vietnam.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Maybe Not! But..........
by Glenda / August 2, 2004 6:44 AM PDT

he tried. Kerry is supposed to be better with all of his 4 1/2 months? Don't make me laugh!
Glenda

Collapse -
Re: Maybe Not! But..........
by Josh K / August 2, 2004 6:52 AM PDT
he tried.

My turn to laugh I guess.
Collapse -
Maybe???
by Dan McC / August 2, 2004 7:53 AM PDT

What do you mean maybe?

Dan

Collapse -
ROFL!
by Josh K / August 2, 2004 6:45 AM PDT

Good 'un.

I understand Bush applied for the Purple Heart but was told that injuries sustained by tripping over your empties don't qualify.

Wink

Collapse -
Re: ROFL!
by R Bibb / August 2, 2004 6:51 AM PDT
In reply to: ROFL!

Perhaps as a war time president, he can apply for a purple heart for injuries sustained falling off of bikes.

Pretzel incident and the Segway were prior to war, right?

Collapse -
Ouch!
by Dan McC / August 2, 2004 7:15 AM PDT

How about nosebleeds from rusty pipes?

Dan

Collapse -
by Edward ODaniel / August 2, 2004 7:22 AM PDT

Usually self inflicted "wounds" do not count but Kerry managed to get his after being turned down twice. He waited to ask his new commanding officer who was ignorant of the facts.

Collapse -
by R Bibb / August 2, 2004 7:31 AM PDT
In reply to: Re: ROFL!

Four months of in country (Nam) duty beats 20 years of working on a friends campaign with a few soft-boy flights in safety thrown in for "good measure".

Collapse -
Meanwhile, please expound
by Evie / August 2, 2004 7:32 AM PDT
In reply to: Re: ROFL!

on Kerry's illustrious 20 year Senate record.

Betcha can't! LOL

Collapse -
Re: Meanwhile, please expound
by R Bibb / August 2, 2004 7:41 AM PDT

While you are at it, why not throw in bush junior's failed oil company, his drug days that some claim leave him a dry drunk and his many "prat falls" since becoming your boy to boost into another four years of a failed presidency?

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Don't forget the antidepressants he's taking!
by Dan McC / August 2, 2004 7:47 AM PDT
Collapse -
I do wonder ...
by Bill Osler / August 2, 2004 10:42 AM PDT

(1) Is treated depression a disqualification for office?
and
(2) Are there any unbiased sources for the claim that Bush is being treated for depression?

In considering your reply to #1, remember that John Kennedy's medical conditions (and sexual escapades) were both covered up during his time.

I'm not really a Bush supporter. I personally think that both Kerry and Bush are dishonorable politicians and I doubt I'd enthusiastically vote for either in an election for my county's dog catcher. That said, I'd rather the dialog be based on facts rather than innuendo.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Well said!!
by William Finder / August 2, 2004 11:00 AM PDT
In reply to: I do wonder ...
Collapse -
Re: I do wonder ...
by Dave Konkel [Moderator] / August 2, 2004 12:29 PM PDT
In reply to: I do wonder ...

Hi, Dr. Bill.

I'd hope these days treated depression would not be a concern, as long as its under control and there's no paranoia that makes one go off the meds. But medical histories are supposed to be available to the public these days, so as usual the coverup might be more destructive than the original problem.

-- Dave K, Speakeasy Moderator
click here to email semods4@yahoo.com

The opinions expressed above are my own,
and do not necessarily reflect those of CNET!

Collapse -
by crowsfoot / August 2, 2004 2:03 PM PDT
In reply to: Re: I do wonder ...

I don't know, Dave. These new serotonin reuptake inhibitors are scary. They make you too dang cocksure, and no regrets no guilt. A person needs their regrets. Cocaine is a serotonin reuptake inhibitor. Also known as "the liar's drug".

Collapse -
Bob...........
by Glenda / August 2, 2004 2:27 PM PDT

and how long have you been on anti depressants to know this info??? I have been on meds since 1990 for depression and your ideas are baloney!
get real, depression is not something to hide or be ashamed of!
Crap sounds like everyone is in the dark ages on this subject!
Glenda

Collapse -
Re: Bob.../ here is a link on depression
by Glenda / August 2, 2004 2:30 PM PDT
In reply to: Bob...........
Collapse -
by Glenda / August 2, 2004 2:23 PM PDT

Dave I don't think paranoia is part of depression:(
Glenda

Collapse -
by Dave Konkel [Moderator] / August 2, 2004 11:49 PM PDT

Hi, Glenda.

Paranoia is not part of depression, but often accompanies both depression and schizophrenia (these days better known as "bipolar disorder"). The other problem is that antidepressants can cause sexual dysfunction for many men, which can cause compliance problems.

Collapse -
by Diana Forum moderator / August 3, 2004 12:00 AM PDT

Bipolar disorder is manic-depressive (I've know a few and they are quite vocal that this is a separate problem), not schizophrenia and depression which are separate problems.

Collapse -
...and your degrees in psychiatry are from...
by Kiddpeat / August 3, 2004 12:07 AM PDT

I am bipolar. No doctor has ever suggested that I am schitzophrenic. Bipolar used to be called manic-depressive.

Collapse -
Re: ...and your degrees in psychiatry are from...
by Dave Konkel [Moderator] / August 3, 2004 1:15 PM PDT
Collapse -
Paranoia also accompanies...
by Edward ODaniel / August 3, 2004 1:07 AM PDT

association with Liberalism.

So where is your point? (Unless maybe you think Clinton...)

Or maybe Teresa ("This isn't your house, John," she said, according to a former staffer who heard the discussion. "This is my house.") Heinz who has been on and may still be Prozak.

Collapse -
Re: Paranoia also accompanies...
by Dave Konkel [Moderator] / August 3, 2004 1:17 PM PDT

Hi, Ed.

Based on the country's sad experiences with McCarthy and HUAC, I'd say paranoia is clearly associated with the right!

Collapse -
:-)....I do not wonder that much ...
by John Robie / August 3, 2004 2:49 AM PDT

about some in SE.

Understand a little more since reading Glenda's reference to the 'paxil' site:

"Depression With Other Conditions

Having another mental health condition, in addition to depression, is the rule rather than the exception:

Up to 90 percent of people with depression also have anxiety problems.(10)

Up to 60 percent of people with depression also have a coexisting anxiety disorder.(i.e., GAD, social anxiety disorder, PTSD, OCD and panic disorder)(10)

Up to 65 percent of patients with panic disorder have or will develop depression at some point in their lifetimes.(1)

Patients with obsessive compulsive disorder often have a history of depression.(1)"

Collapse -
Re: :-)....I do not wonder that much ...
by Glenda / August 3, 2004 2:56 AM PDT

When I was diagnosed with depression and OCD My Doctor told me that a lot of Doctor's also have OCD and that is what makes them good Doctors:)
Glenda

Collapse -
Re: :-)....I do not wonder that much ...
by John Robie / August 3, 2004 3:04 AM PDT

I hope the best for you Glenda and anyone that has depression. I also hope the best for anyone with any kind of illness no matter how slight.

JR

Collapse -
Thanks JR:)
by Glenda / August 3, 2004 3:16 AM PDT

My depression has been under control for years I recently started on Zoloft, and it is an amazing medication. It covers a lot of my symptoms that were not under control with other meds
The thing with depression is that it seems to run in families My Father, my sister
I just get tired of people insinuating that when you take an anti depressant that you are somehow NOT in control! When in fact you are in control when you recognize something is wrong and take the steps necessary to get your life back
Glenda

Posted by: Glenda Posted on: 08/03/2004 10:10 AM

Collapse -
Re: Zoloft
by Dave Konkel [Moderator] / August 4, 2004 3:56 AM PDT
In reply to: Thanks JR:)

Hi, Glenda.

I wonder why they didn't try Zoloft earlier? It's not a new medication -- in fact, I believe it was the first of the serotonin uptake inhibitors approved, the drug family to which Prozac belongs. However, anti-depressants are much like non-steroidal anti-inflammatories -- different ones work better for different people, for totally unknown reasons.

-- Dave K.
Speakeasy Moderator

Collapse -
Re: Zoloft LOL DK:)
by Glenda / August 4, 2004 4:06 AM PDT
In reply to: Re: Zoloft

It is a long history:) The first antidepressants I took was Elavil, then Prozac and trazadone in combination:) Then the Dr thought I was to hyper to continue the Prozac. So he switched me to Serzone.
Then the insurance company quit paying for Serzone and I was put on Effexor, they quit paying for that too and the Dr put me on Zoloft:) This was from 3 different Doctors:) I think they were running out of meds that were allowed:( IMO
Zoloft has by far been the best of them all.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!