Speakeasy forum

General discussion

George - a modified scooter

Hi George, I started a new thread so this wouldn't get lost. One of our friends added a second seat to his scooter so he and his wife could ride together. He even took the scooter on vacation and rode it on the boardwalk in Ocean City, MD. We all took turns and it was fun and attracted loads of attention. Hope your pain will leave so you can have fun with your new scooter too.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: George - a modified scooter
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: George - a modified scooter
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) link?

In reply to: George - a modified scooter

Collapse -
Hi Sasha Tee..

Funny I was thinking about something like that. I mentioned it to the wife how nice it would be. Happy She said. "You got to be kidding" You are crazy if you think I'm going to ride with you.

Have you got a picture? I'll show it to her and tell her, here you go dear, its a done deal. This is the closest I can come to one. Cool

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/863/cautiontowind3dv.jpg

Courtesy of Del, I think.

George

Collapse -
(NT) :-) Clever!!!

In reply to: Hi Sasha Tee..

Collapse -
link (I hope)

Collapse -
Yes, it worked! Now....

In reply to: link (I hope)

.... wives can still be back seat drivers. Happy

Angeline (who can;t find her signature right now.) Happy

Collapse -
Love it. Came out beautiful.

In reply to: link (I hope)

Showed it to the "War Dept." (wife). No response.

I can see a lot of work went into modifying the original. Must have some pretty good hefty batteries in there to run it. I like it.

George

Collapse -
I know J, :)

In reply to: Love it. Came out beautiful.

And she isn't going to ride any scooter with you:) LOL! But Jim said it looks like fun! You could drive and he will wipe out the shelves Devil

Collapse -
Yeah, with a set of..

In reply to: I know J, :)

Canoe paddles, we could do 2 isles at a time. Happy

George

Collapse -
Jim

In reply to: Yeah, with a set of..

Is ready to go:) J and I will not pay the bail for either one of you bad boy's:) LOL

Collapse -
Sasha...here's a "scooter" George and a...

Collapse -
(NT) WOW Jack - that one would glow in the dark

In reply to: Sasha...here's a "scooter" George and a...

Collapse -
(NT) ...and do a quarter mile in 9 or 10 seconds...LOL

In reply to: WOW Jack - that one would glow in the dark

Collapse -
It would actually glow in the dark, from...

In reply to: WOW Jack - that one would glow in the dark

...the orange glow coming off the hot exhaust pipes...LOL

Collapse -
Oh man, Now theres some power..

In reply to: Sasha...here's a "scooter" George and a...

I could have some fun with that Jack.

George

Collapse -
George, that's Chevy's 502 big block crate engine, their...

In reply to: Oh man, Now theres some power..

...top of the line "GO MACHINE"...LOL...and about 550 HP...give or take...depending on enhancements. In that configuration, it'll do a quarter mile in about 9 to 10 seconds. It even has an automatic transmission...a big "moochie" one. Be sure and look at the other links on that web page.

Collapse -
the other links on that web page.???

In reply to: George, that's Chevy's 502 big block crate engine, their...

Jack, all I have is the picture which is fantastic, but no links to others.

Collapse -
Sorry George...I let my mouth overload my ***. Here's a...

In reply to: the other links on that web page.???

Collapse -
Thanks Jack...

In reply to: Sorry George...I let my mouth overload my ass. Here's a...

That blue one #13 with the little blond seated in there is awesome.

George

Collapse -
there's a list here george

In reply to: the other links on that web page.???

Collapse -
Thanks Jonah. Good catch. I didn't even know...

In reply to: there's a list here george

...these pages existed. You seem to have a propensity for "catchin'" that "good stuff"...LOL.

Collapse -
Thanks Jonah...

In reply to: there's a list here george

I like that bottom one (Trike). Side by side seating. Plus the Black one (cycle-blk). Hell, I like them all.

George

Collapse -
I'll tell you one thing, George. All these....

In reply to: Thanks Jonah...

..."go fast wanna be's" ain't seen nuthin' 'till they see one of these "scooters" be up in the next County before the "wanna be" is outta 1st gear.

Collapse -
Today, on the way to work

I saw a guy riding a 'real' scooter, the kind with two wheels. He was just barely moving along, too, because it had such a puny motor on it (well maybe it can go faster?). I looked around and saw observers getting a kick out of it. The scooter guy seemed to be oblivious to all that. I Googled "scooter" and saw something similar to it, except this one is red instead of yellow. This red one is an electric one, which must explain the absence of a gasoline engine.

Collapse -
Hi Dragon.....

In reply to: Today, on the way to work

Yep, it looks like the old Vespers, that was popular around here a few years back. (An Italian Scooter) They are alright on the road and will go about 25mph to 35mph I think. Probably gets 125 mpg too. I'm not familiar with the electric ones.

George

Collapse -
I forgot where I mentioned this

In reply to: Hi Dragon.....

But at the mall a couple of weeks ago, I saw a lady in one of those electric chairs going -=FAST=-. Must've been going close to 20 mph. I never realized until then that they made anything that fast, I guess because of the ads I see on TV.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

DEALS, DEALS, DEALS!

Best Black Friday Deals

CNET editors are busy culling the list and highlighting what we think are the best deals out there this holiday season.