1. Please note that just above the text editor (where you enter a question on the forum) is the following paragraph, and if certain information is not present in your question, our reply may not be very helpful:
Tip: If you are asking for help to troubleshoot a computer-related problem, please be sure to include all the necessary information (ie: operating system, model number, hardware, software, etc) that will help others identify your problem for a speedy resolution.
Note: You have the option of using the hyperlink "Edit My Profile" on the right side of the main page to fill in applicable system information so that it is available.
2. it creates a report n i hav the choice to send it MS or not..
Did you not report the problem in order to receive support? If you do not want this type support when using this feature, then why not turn it off and rely on the system error itself when asking for assistance, which would require your reporting the exact information display so those familiar with that type of problem could lend a hand.
* * *
1. Error Reporting, which is enabled by default, displays an error dialog box prompting the user to indicate whether or not they want to report the problem. When choosing to report the problem, technical information about the problem is collected and then sent to Microsoft over the Internet. If a report is rendered and if a similar problem has been reported by other people and more information is available, a link to that information will be provided the user. Turning it ON or turning it OFF is the user's call. For assistance and resolution, we need to know WHAT cause(s) is/are reported.
a. Were there no links or anything else provided should you submit the report?
b. Please. For your benefit, always report the error information this report contains when wanting our analyses.
2. When a system error occurs, the computer displays a blue screen containing error codes and all computer operations stop. When an illegal operation or other error occurs in a program, that program stops working. System and program errors may be transmitted to Microsoft which allows them to track and address operating system, Windows component, and program errors. Error Reporting configuration is outlined in, [Q310414]:
a. Enable or disable
b. Enable for the operating system
c. Specify the program for which a report is generated
d. Remove programs from the list
e. Send an error report to Microsoft
3. Supplemental reading:
a. "Description and Availability of Internet Explorer Error Reporting Tool (Q276550)."
b. "No Date or Time Information Available When Program Stops Responding in Windows 98 or Windows Me (Q280660)."
c. "How to Disable or Redirect Internet Explorer Error Reporting (Q310116)."
d. "How to Perform a Clean Boot in Windows XP (Q310353)."
e. "HOW TO: Configure and Use Error Reporting in Windows XP (Q310414)."
f. "Preparation Before You Contact Microsoft After Receiving a STOP Message on a Blue Screen (Q314103)."
g. "You Receive a "System Has Recovered from a Serious Error" Message After Every Restart (Q317277)."
4. Many users question what the file "Appcompat.txt" is, besides assuming that IT is the error itself, which is a file generated by the WinXP compatibilit
lately ive been gettin this error msg..generic host process for win32 services has encountered a problem and needs to close. we are sorry for the inconvenience...then it creates a report n i hav the choice to send it MS or not..
can anyone tel me wat this error is n wat i can do to fix it..thanks...i posted this on the security section but someone there to post it here n see so here i am..my specs r below..thanks..
Acer Travelmate series 380 laptop
Ad aware SE
Norton Anti 2005