I own an Acer Aspire One with 1GB RAM, XP and found no reason to add ram.
2. Hulu and such play fine. I'm sure some divx file won't play but I've seen that happen on laptops, desktops all over so my answer will be that no one can tell you yes here.
3. With an external monitor my kid played many games. And by enabling pan and scrolling (not going to tell you how here!) he played games on the road.
4. Just yesterday I did hours of presentations on our netbook. Yup it was an external.
In closing I can't seem to use that link. Why not just post make and model?
I have a few questions about netbooks. I want to buy one in a few days and am a bit confused about there power. Can someone answer these questions.
This is the netbook I was thinking about getting (http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&sku_id=0665000FS10124114&catid=).
1. Can we put more ram into it?
2. Can it play divx movies and TV shows?
3. There is one game that I want it to play. It's an old game but I'm not sure if it has the power to play it. It is called Fitness yourself and can be found at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yourself!Fitness. If you look at the requirements they are for very old computers. That's why I am hoping I can run it.
My plan is to hook up to a monitor and do all of the above. Is this possible or am I expecting too much out of a netbook?