Laptops forum

General discussion

geforce 4 440 go driver update?

i was wondering where i could get the latest driver updates for the geforce 4 440 go video card from nvidia

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: geforce 4 440 go driver update?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: geforce 4 440 go driver update?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: geforce 4 440 go driver update?

In reply to: geforce 4 440 go driver update?

I'm pretty fearless on such and try what's at the nvidia site.

You?

Bob

Collapse -

In reply to: Re: geforce 4 440 go driver update?

they dont have an update at the nvidia site

Collapse -

Very strange. I use the Geforce drivers almost daily from there.

Have someone fetch it for you.

Bob

Collapse -
Addendum.

Maybe you were looking for a "Geforce 440 Go" driver. You will never find such. Nvidia, Matrox and others use a unified driver model. Just get the one package and it figures it out.

Bob

Collapse -

In reply to: geforce 4 440 go driver update?

www.nvidia.com
As far as I know all GeForce cards use the Unified Driver Architecture ForceWare drivers. So no matter what GeForce you've got, you just get the latest drivers. (up to 66.something I think).

Collapse -

I've never really understood this. On my desktop I always just DL the newest drivers. I thought that there was a difference between the cards in laptops and the desktop cards in that the laptop requires machine specific drivers and not the regular desktop drivers. For instance in my case I see drivers periodically posted on the Toshiba site which are older than the version numbers on the NVIDIA site.

Am I misunderstanding something here?

Collapse -
If one doesn't try, then?

The unified driver is what it is. If you want a specific driver for just your laptop, you'll have to wait.

Sometimes it will never show up.

In closing, did you try the unified driver?

Bob

Collapse -
Re: If one doesn't try, then?

In reply to: If one doesn't try, then?

Sorry for the confusion but I was chiming in to try and better understand how these driver updates work. The original poster was the one with the problem, not me. Sorry.

Collapse -
For ya1950

In reply to: Re: If one doesn't try, then?

Ahh, I get it. Sorry.

Here's the deal. Not long ago, Matrox found its customers were calling it and most of the time the question was... "Which driver do I need?"

To address this, they created the unified driver model. This "model" is simply all the drivers for a particular line of a product. This made finding the right driver a lot easier.

I'm unsure if Matrox was the first to do this, but it was the first I noticed and I'm glad they used this idea.

Yes, some blast them for rolling in drivers that you might download that you don't use (a bane for dialup users) but I see it save people a lot of time.

Bob

Collapse -
Re: For ya1950

In reply to: For ya1950

Thanks for the clarification. Now I get it!

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

DEALS, DEALS, DEALS!

Best Black Friday Deals

CNET editors are busy culling the list and highlighting what we think are the best deals out there this holiday season.