The CNET Lounge forum

General discussion

Gears of War HACKED

Check this out, specially if you play GOW online Happy

---
"A so-called rumor on Maxconsole is supposedly being circulated about whether or not people have found a way to mod Gears of War. Well, if you were to ask me I would say yes. I have had first hand experience with this, because I have gotten the unhappy pleasure of playing a ?ranked match? with one of these bone heads less than 24 hours ago. To make matters worse he was spewing racial obscenities nearly the entire time. If as his dirty mouth wasn?t enough he began doing some crazy things that were clearly not intended by Epic.

Firstly, he began running around the map at superhuman speed. Almost to the point were you hard a very hard time even keeping up with where he was at any given time. Secondly, he was able to roadie run and fire at the same time. Of course, every one in the match filed a complaint against him, but the real issue here is why does anyone want to do this in the first place? Ranked or not, this ruins the experience for everyone. Hopefully this doesn?t become the next Halo 2. While Bungie has handled this relatively well, I would have thought this was a thing of the past. Maybe not."

From Maxconsole (via Xbox Scoop)

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Gears of War HACKED
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Gears of War HACKED
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
heard of this

In reply to: Gears of War HACKED

i heard of this, it's not really a hack but an exploit if it's the same situation i seen online. if timed correctly, people can run a lot faster. dunno if it's the same deal.

Collapse -
lol obviously you've never played halo2 :P & here's why...

In reply to: Gears of War HACKED

It's RAMPANT! It's pretty much impossible to get past level 40 because at that point EVERYONE is a modder. It's so #@$(%* annoying, but MS/Bungie are good about cancelling XBL accounts of cheaters and banning credit cards...

...the problem is, these ppl just keep getting the free 2 month memberships and doing it over and over again.

Those on the short end of the stick always say, "how is this fun for you to cheat your way to the top?" They do this for a few reasons:
1. they get to the top level and then say they don't mod; they think they are cool.
2. they think its funny when people FLIP OUT at them... **** u modder! etc. They think they are cool.

Best thing to do is to just ignore them, and take all the pleasure out of it. Leave the room and report them and move on.

It really ruined Halo2 for me, and I've been playing that for years now. Bungie promised they'd do something about it and they never did, prolly cuz they don't really care... you already bought halo2 and you're obviously going to by halo3, so why else would they care...?

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.