Question

GE X500 Digital Camera

"Hi, I have a GE X500 Digital Camera, when I put it in video mode, it will shoot a video for 7 seconds, then the lcd screen goes black and the light flashes red for about 45 seconds, and then the lcd screen comes back. Any help with this issue would be great

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: GE X500 Digital Camera
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: GE X500 Digital Camera
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Try another memory card.

If the card is too slow, that happens.

- Collapse -
Tried it

I have tried all 5 cards I have. They are all SanDisk. Is there another brand card I should use, or is there another problem with the camera? Also this isn't the only setting that causes this to happen. Several of the camera settings does it. The only one that doesn't is auto mode.

- Collapse -
SD card class/speed?

Assuming you are saving to the card, as Renegade recommended, you might also verify that the SD card class/speed rating meets (or exceeds) the manufacturer's recommendation.

And although it seems unlikely to be the cause here, there have been counterfeit SanDisk cards sold in the past.

- Collapse -
Answer
did you format the card

did you format the card in the camera?

- Collapse -
Yes I did

I did not format them the first time, but now I have gone back through all 5 and formatted them in the camera, and still doing the same thing

- Collapse -
what about location

did you verify that you were trying to save on the sd card and not the cameras internal storage? Has storing on sd card ever worked?

- Collapse -
Yes it is saving to SD Card.

I can take still pictures, only in auto mod, and all pics save to the sd card.

- Collapse -
what size are the cards
- Collapse -
Answer
I see someone asked for what class card.

Here we are without that detail so let's get those details out. I owned this camera and needed fresh class 10 cards.

CNET Forums