PC Hardware forum

Question

GB2488HSU IIyama rma or not? Really need opinion of experts.

Hi. My monitor is GB2488HSU IIyama.
I bought monitor 2 weeks ago. In first few days i noticed weird smudge on a screen:
( not my screen but the same symptom ) . I dont have camera to make screen. I was tried to remove this by finger but not helped.

But. When i went away few meters to rest in bed it looked like this:

http://www.esreality.com/files/inlineimages/2017/110321-2a.jpg

Anyway it dissapeared itself after 5-6 day of use. Now i cannot see this. ANd question. RMA monitor or not? Why it dissapeared? Keep monitor ?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: GB2488HSU IIyama rma or not? Really need opinion of experts.
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: GB2488HSU IIyama rma or not? Really need opinion of experts.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
To guess this one

In reply to: GB2488HSU IIyama rma or not? Really need opinion of experts.

We have to research how LCD panels are made. There could have been pressure in that area and now that it's in a warm spot the plastics have had time to flatten on and relieve the pressure in that spot.

I see this effect by apply light pressure on almost any LCD so to call the pressure effect a defect would be writing that all LCDs are defective. If it cleared after a few days, your choice to attempt a return. Not a sign of impending doom.

Collapse -
ok

In reply to: To guess this one

So if it dissapeared leave alone monitor and not rma? But how and why it dissapeared?

Collapse -
I explained why it most likely disappeared.

In reply to: ok

Since my explanation didn't work for you, I think you have to make a decision what to do next.

Me? If it's good now, I'd move on.

Collapse -
ok

In reply to: I explained why it most likely disappeared.

Ok i have found something similiar ,look: ( example from table )

In first day of use,
bright little spot was only visible on light blue colours when your looking at a side angle. Not when you're looking directly at the screen. What was that? Maybe backlight bleeding?
But why it dissapeared?

Collapse -
That one is debateable.

In reply to: ok

The video is at an angle and we're back to how LCDs are made and work.

There are some folk that are not interested in how things work and for them, they'll return the product.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.