HolidayBuyer's Guide

Speakeasy forum

General discussion

"Gay Rights" kills one boy, leaves another in danger of jail

by James Denison / August 25, 2011 4:17 AM PDT

It's outrageous the schools didn't do something to defuse the situation this "gay boy" was causing in school before it reached the point that his intended target took up a gun and killed him. If instead it had been a boy harassing girls in an improper manner and targeting one of them for special harassment, you can believe he'd have been in a dean's office quickly and something done to correct the situation. Someone in that school system needs to be fired over this and have their teacher's certificate voided. The child on trial now went to adults for help, and nobody stopped it. They having failed him, he made it stop, his way.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-0811-gay-student-20110811,0,923167.story

Brandon McInerney is the defendant in the Chatsworth courtroom, accused
of bringing a gun to his middle school and killing gay classmate Larry
King.

One teacher after another has testified in the murder trial about their
deep worries that King's feminine attire and taunting behavior could
provoke problems — and that E.O. Green Junior High administrators
ignored them.

It wasn't just that King, 15, had begun wearing makeup and women's
spiked-heeled boots, witnesses testified. It was that he seemed to
relish making the boys squirm at his newly feminized appearance and was
taunting them with comments like "I know you want me."

A group of male students in her classroom told her they wanted to beat
King up because he would seek them out and follow them into the
bathroom. Ekman considered that sexual harassment and went back to
Epstein with her concerns, she testified.

Epstein told her there was nothing the school could do, Ekman said. When
the teacher attempted to press her case, Epstein shut the door in her
face.

King.....continued to clash with boys at school and paid special
attention to McInerney, according to court testimony. After lunch that
day, he passed McInerney in a corridor and mockingly said, "Love you
baby!"

King.... "parading" back and forth in high-heeled boots and makeup near a
bench where McInerney was sitting after school waiting to be picked up. A
group of boys was laughing as McInerney grew visibly angry

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: "Gay Rights" kills one boy, leaves another in danger of jail
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: "Gay Rights" kills one boy, leaves another in danger of jail
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
So it's the victim's fault that someone murdered him?
by Josh K / August 25, 2011 4:29 AM PDT

Should something have been done about the students' complaints of harassment? Sure. But nobody's life was in danger so there was no justification for killing him. The only person responsible for the murder is the student who committed it.

Collapse -
Let's see how you feel when
by James Denison / August 25, 2011 4:34 AM PDT

some boy takes an unhealthy interest in your daughter in school and nobody there does anything to stop his harassment of her. Maybe then you'll feel different.

Collapse -
Got a problem?
by JP Bill / August 25, 2011 4:42 AM PDT

Get a gun?

You are from the south?

Collapse -
got a problem?
by James Denison / August 25, 2011 5:00 AM PDT
In reply to: Got a problem?

Get an adult?

Oh wait, that didn't work, did it?

Collapse -
RE: Oh wait, that didn't work, did it?
by JP Bill / August 25, 2011 5:05 AM PDT
In reply to: got a problem?

and shooting him did?

How'd that work out for the shooter?

Where is he now?

In a "better place"?

Collapse -
shooting him did?
by James Denison / August 25, 2011 5:09 AM PDT

Well, it got rid of one problem he had.

It got him bigger problems.

I don't know for sure if he's at home on bail or in some holding facility.

Collapse -
RE: Well, it got rid of one problem he had.
by JP Bill / August 25, 2011 5:11 AM PDT
In reply to: shooting him did?

Where he may be going ...he'll meet lots of guys that won't take "NO!!!" for an answer.

and he probably won't have access to a firearm....I suggest he start body building/bulking up.

Collapse -
(NT) does that pleasure you?
by James Denison / August 25, 2011 6:26 AM PDT
Collapse -
(NT) You're pleasuring me...right now.
by JP Bill / August 25, 2011 6:33 AM PDT
Collapse -
SEE...It's just that simple.....
by JP Bill / August 25, 2011 6:34 AM PDT

I wonder if James will make another post.

Collapse -
That's what we have a justice system for, James
by Josh K / August 25, 2011 4:51 AM PDT

You can't just go shooting people for being a-holes.

Too bad John Gotti is dead, you could have written him in for president.

Collapse -
quit acting like an idiot Josh
by James Denison / August 25, 2011 4:58 AM PDT

I never said the odd boy deserved to die for his oddities.

I'm upset that the adults didn't enforce or seemingly have regulations to cover such a situation. It's really quite easy. They are minors. If they were born as as boy, then they will meet a dress code for boys. If they were born as a girl, then they will meet a dress code as a girl. If when they are of legal age AND no longer in public school with others who are still minors and they want to "act out" whatever they feel they are that's different from what is acceptable in school, then it's not the school's problem.

It's the lack of them clamping down on this troublemaker who was bent on creating problems that prompted another to do even worse and kill him.

Two misguided children who crossed paths and now one is dead and the other facing jail.

Collapse -
Oh sure you did
by Josh K / August 25, 2011 5:04 AM PDT

Your OP takes the "he had it coming" stance and then you followed it up with "what if it was your daughter being harassed," as if I'd reply with "Oh, well then of course I would want to shoot him."

Collapse -
(NT) another "shocker" subject line
by JP Bill / August 25, 2011 5:07 AM PDT
In reply to: Oh sure you did
Collapse -
(NT) PS...by James
by JP Bill / August 25, 2011 5:08 AM PDT
Collapse -
"HE HAD IT COMING" says Josh
by James Denison / August 25, 2011 5:13 AM PDT
In reply to: Oh sure you did

It must be you saying that, since it's in quotes, and I don't see it anywhere in what I posted. Nope, not in the OP. Since it's in quotes you must be quoting someone. Yourself maybe? Because you're the only one who said it.

As for your daughter being harassed, no, I never assumed you should reply "Oh, well then of course I would want to shoot him" so a bit surprised you would. It sure wasn't me, but it's in quotes so someone must have said it, and the only one I see doing that was you. Actually I figured you'd be upset about your daughter being treated in such a manner, I certainly didn't expect you to think about shooting some kid.

Collapse -
You clearly wrote....
by Josh K / August 25, 2011 5:25 AM PDT

....that the boy who committed the murder was driven to it, no matter how you try to backpedal now.

And of course I'd be upset re: my daughter; but it wouldn't justify taking the law into my own hands.

Collapse -
I do believe
by James Denison / August 25, 2011 5:29 AM PDT
In reply to: You clearly wrote....

he felt driven to do it after other means of trying to deal with it had failed him. I never said he made the best choice. In fact I believe the school officials should have called Child Protective Services and had them do a followup on the "gay boy"s family, make sure there was no abuse of sexual or other nature involved his this child's acting out.

Collapse -
Why do you keep putting "gay boy" in quotes?
by Josh K / August 25, 2011 5:32 AM PDT
In reply to: I do believe

He really was gay, apparently.

Collapse -
I do not accept that
by James Denison / August 25, 2011 5:41 AM PDT

I do not accept people are "born gay" and therefore I don't accept that just because some little boy wants to "act gay" that means he is "gay" in the sense of being a homosexual. If I did that, then I'd have to accept that little girls who mimic street walkers they've seen on TV, or maybe even exposed to at home, makes them such a person too. I will not project such on children. To me they are misguided and in need of new direction in their life.

Collapse -
Guess you'll be voting for Bachmann then
by Josh K / August 25, 2011 5:47 AM PDT
In reply to: I do not accept that

Her husband thinks homosexuals can be "cured" too.

Being that this boy was dressing in heels and women's clothing and coming on to other boys, the odds are pretty good that he was gay.

You can believe what you like though.

Collapse -
RE: Two misguided children who crossed paths
by JP Bill / August 25, 2011 5:19 AM PDT
A group of boys was laughing as McInerney grew visibly angry

WHO were THEY laughing at?

I'm betting McInerney.
Collapse -
probably were
by James Denison / August 25, 2011 5:22 AM PDT

I mean to their way of thinking if he had a gay guy after him, maybe he was gay too?

Collapse -
RE:maybe he was gay too?
by JP Bill / August 25, 2011 5:31 AM PDT
In reply to: probably were

I didn't see that anywhere in what you posted.

When you say

I mean to their way of thinking if he had a gay guy after him, maybe he was gay too?

Does that mean you agree with that logic?

You can figure out teenagers?

I'm impressed.

Collapse -
no
by James Denison / August 25, 2011 5:42 AM PDT

I was never a teenager. Were you? Shocked

Collapse -
(NT) Not yet.
by JP Bill / August 25, 2011 6:36 AM PDT
In reply to: no
Collapse -
I don't condone murder of course
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / August 25, 2011 5:59 AM PDT

but I do wonder what action Brandon McInerney should have taken.

It seems he tried everything proper and reasonable.

Should he have beaten this other kid up? At least he would still be alive and McInerney wouldn't be facing a murder charge.

A strange case and it does look like the system failed both of those involved.

Mark

Collapse -
that was a question I had to
by James Denison / August 25, 2011 6:15 AM PDT

Why resort to killing instead of a fist fight? There's nothing to indicate it had already escalated from that to killing. I'd like to know what the home life of the dead boy was like too. The tragedy is this could have been avoided if those in authority had acted properly.

Collapse -
The school really dropped the ball with this one.
by Diana Forum moderator / August 25, 2011 7:32 AM PDT

I can only think that King was doing what he thought gay guys did from seeing them on TV and in the news. Someone needed to sit him down and tell him what was acceptable and unacceptable behavior. His parents obviously didn't. He didn't deserve to die for it and McInerney shouldn't have been the brunt of the behavior.

Diana

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.