Do you own a Volt meter and can trace circuitry? If not you have little choice but to ask for ideas what it could be and then decide on that or arrange for repairs.
Remember that as of today, no one can trace circuitry on measure the voltages over the net.
I have a Gateway NV52 that was charging from the adapter when it was dropped. The battery fell out. I put the battery back in and restarted the computer, and it was working fine. It wasn't until later when I got an error message to switch to outlet power that I realized the computer was no longer taking a charge. It had been charging before it dropped.
Now that the battery is drained, the computer won't turn on. When I press the power button, the LED light for the battery flashes red (since the battery is dead) and the machine won't start.
One person told me it is likely the battery or adapter needs to be replaced... but I feel like it is more likely a problem with the power jack or something. Does anyone have any ideas?