Peripherals forum

General discussion

Gateway FPD2275W Problem

by chrisb1007 / May 7, 2007 3:26 PM PDT

I bought a gateway FPD2275W monitor and am using it with Windows VISTA and NVIDIA 8800 video card.
The problem I'm having is that when I turn on the monitor it takes about 5 minutes to come on to the desktop. It shows a black screen with a faint Gateway word and logo then it will finally come on. I do not have the monitor driver loaded because when I did that the picture was all full of lines even with the VISTA updated monitor driver from gateway. So I went back to the generic monitor driver in VISTA. I have all the power saving options turned off. I do not have the monitor software installed as it has problems with VISTA. It also had the same problem with my other video card. Is there a setting within the monitor itself that would keep it from coming on? I noticed that the same thing happens with the same monitor in the store displays. The salespeople don't have a clue.
Thanks for any and all help.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Gateway FPD2275W Problem
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Gateway FPD2275W Problem
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Return as defective.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 7, 2007 9:05 PM PDT

Who would let them keep money for this?

Collapse -
It's not your fault...
by Willy / May 7, 2007 10:00 PM PDT

Heck, if the store display didn't work, then don't wait return it! The time in *now* to return it as store policies are far more friendlier within 15days or less.

I'm sure you touched on all the issues that effect the setup, but Nvidia have been a sore issue with Vista. OEM's are waiting still for such, plus if the monitor is not stated as Vista capable it too can fall through the cracks until a later time its 100% fixed or accepted in the fold, let them fix it.

tada -----Willy Happy

Collapse -
Gateway FPD2275W Problem (Fix)
by Steve Mavronis / July 31, 2007 7:58 AM PDT

This just happened to me after one week of use. See the forum posting description below for the exact symptom. I had to unplug the power cord as mentioned in another forum answer to "reset" the monitor (the monitor menu's reset option has no effect). This same thing also happened to a personal friend of mine who bought the same FPD2275W monitor around 9 months ago from Circuit City. Just thought you should know. Maybe there is a firmware update from the manufacturer to permanently fix this? The monitor is always plugged in and even when you "turn it off" with the button or by Vista "power plan" options, the power button is lit purple (the off color) so it still has external power applied to it. Just surprised this happened after one week! I didn't install the Vista EzTune software yet because of reported issues with Nvidia 8800 cards. My friend has EzTune installed on his XP system and the same freeze happens so that can't be the cause. Its something with the monitor hardware onboard processor itself.

Originally Posted by (another user):
"I recently purchased this monitor and it just started doing something that's bothering me. When the monitor goes into power-saving mode, or I turn it off while the computer is on, it takes a loooong time to turn back on. When I turn it back on the gateway logo pops up on a black screen and just stays there for a minute. Then it shows the desktop but the little blue window that shows it's connected via DVI is on the screen for another 30 seconds. So it takes a good minute and a half to actually see the desktop. It's almost like it freezes for a minute and a half. Anybody else have this problem or heard of it and know how to fix it?"

Answer (by another user):
Try unplugging the power then plugging it back in ... this should reset the monitor.

Collapse -
FPD2275W problem
by papasmurf54 / April 28, 2010 12:34 AM PDT

my menu buttons dont lite or work anymore. they flickered and stoped working. as a result i get the menu screen on my display and it dont go away!! does anybody have any idea?? please help??

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.