General discussion

Gateway E Series Intruder Switch Stuck

Hi! I have a Gateway E-Series PC. This PC has an intruder switch located underneath the top/side cover of the PC. The switch is set off whenever the cover is removed. I did not know this computer had an intruder switch, and I set it off. It used to boot fine, but now all it does is have the fan on full-blast and do nothing. I have removed the CMOS Battery, cleared the BIOS, switched RAM chips - everything. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this?
Thanks!
Ross

Specs:
Model: Gateway MATXHRN MDW E4100 E6000
Serial: 0032830842
Mfg Date: 01/08/04
40 GB HDD
1 GB RAM
Windows XP Pro

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Gateway E Series Intruder Switch Stuck
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Gateway E Series Intruder Switch Stuck
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Intruder Switch

You should be able to reset the switch in the BIOS menu.
However that said, I've never seen an Intruder Switch used in a consumer model of computer, only in buisness machines where only the IT dept should be accessing the internals of the machine in question.

- Collapse -
Re:

It is a business line computer. The problem is, it won't boot into anything. the display just stays blank and the fans come on full blast. Nothing else happens.

CNET Forums

Forum Info