General discussion

Gateway Customer Service

I ordered a gateway notebook, M520CS Plus QS, online one of their special offers. When I received it I was not pleased with the size, weight, display, and noise when in use. I went online and followed the instructions to return it online. They have a 15 day return policy,and they kept promising via e-mail to process the return but never did, I then started calling customer service and after 2 weeks of emails, and 3 phone calls finally got promised that they would send the return label, and they gave me an ID number for the return, I was also informed since the 15 days had passed there would now be a 15% restocking charge.

Expensive lesson for me. Also for those of us that use a PO Box for mail they won't send rebates to a PO Box.

Bottom line is buyer beware, and read the fine print

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Gateway Customer Service
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Gateway Customer Service
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments

CNET Forums

Forum Info