General discussion

Gates betting on... trains?

Seaguay needed here: How about "from one engineer to another", or "Gates involved with something that actually arrives on time."

Happy

Bill Gates now owns $1.67 Billion (CDN) or 30.91 million shares (enough for a 5.8% stake) of Canadian National Railway Co.

I realize the guy has a lot of money to spend, but holy cow that's a big investment in the railroad biz, don't you think?

here's the link to the story:
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20060402.wcn0402/BNStory/Business/?page=rss&id=RTGAM.20060402.wcn0402

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Gates betting on... trains?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Gates betting on... trains?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Environmental movement?

He is probably going to try to cash in on the increase in sales that public transport companies are going to experience with more people taking mass transit instead of cars

- Collapse -
Windows on trains?

Thats a scary thought!

- Collapse -
I think he knows about the snakes

Given that snakes on a plane will be a huge hit.

The follow up to that movie has to be snakes on a train. Happy

Maybe Gates wanted a piece of that action. Happy

I wonder how much detail of the Canadian Railway lines are in the MS train sim.

- Collapse -
Snakes on a Train!!

LOL that was funny.

- Collapse -
What I was referring to...

Was Windows running the trains computer systems.

- Collapse -
P.S.

I like this one:

"Gates involved with something that actually arrives on time."

- Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Good Thing He Didn't Buy NJ Transit
- Collapse -
Gates on a train?

Oh no! Now I'll have to find an open source mode of transportation. :o>
Some things just can't afford to crash.
Oh well, at least it's not aviation.
Jet-BSOD anyone? Wink