Question

Gaming pc under $800

Hey I am building my first gaming pc and I built this so far.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor ($188.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: Asus H110M-A/M.2 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($54.89 @ OutletPC)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory ($54.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Storage: Samsung 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($79.99 @ B&H)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($49.66 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 470 4GB Gaming X Video Card ($189.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: NZXT Source 210 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($39.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: SeaSonic S12II 520W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($49.99 @ B&H)
Total: $708.49
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-01-17 11:59 EST-0500

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Gaming pc under $800
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Gaming pc under $800
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
My favorite tweak to such today is

To drop the old HDD and put the money into the next size up SSD. I'm on a 512GB Samsung here and have plenty of space even after all the work and play apps.

- Collapse -
Maybe check out the PSU

Isn't that a multi rail ?
I know you advise single rails ...

- Collapse -
PSU looked to be a single rail.

While I have used dual rails the times we do it's usually rails over 20A and we check loads. For home builders I don't expect them to have the gear to check this.

- Collapse -
Answer
Change your ram

What you want is ddr4 2x4GB @ 2133 kit.

CNET Forums

Forum Info