General discussion

gaming desktop

HI ANY SUGGESTIONS ON A LIGHT GAMING DESKTOP,MAINLY WILL BE LOADING AND PLAYING 3 TO 5YR OLD GAMES.IM USING A DELL E 310 NOW WITH INTEL 2.8 DUO PROCESSOR ,2 GIG MEMORY,80 GB HARD DRIVE ,,75 % FREE SPACE AND A OLDER ATI 7000 GRAPHICS CARD,WITH WINDOWS XP SERVICE PAK 3 ,AS OF NOW VIDEO CARD NOT SUPPORTED FOR SOME GAMES THAT ARE 4 YEAR OLD OR NEWER ,SUCH AS FAR CRY AND MEDAL OF HONOR,I WAS THINKING OF MOVING UP A NOTCH TO A BETTER GRAPHICS CARD,PCI FORMAT...THANX CAPTMORGAN

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: gaming desktop
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: gaming desktop
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Oww!

All capital letters are too hard to read.

For 3 to 5 year games you best use a machine from that time. An Intel 2.8GHz dual core should be fine with 1 or 2GB RAM and a newer video card.

I think this Dell has a PCIE slot so let me offer a card I would use -> http://www.amazon.com/Zotac-nVidia-Express-Graphic-ZT-20404-20L/dp/B002X7A6N4

This moves the video card up to game play standards without having to replace the computer's power supply. Be sure to see if the card mechanically fits.
Bob

- Collapse -
Old Games.........

Hey Thanx R.P I hAVE a 2.8 in it now.Last two Games i downloaded i couldnt play.err msg was ,video card not supported...games were far cry and medal of honor . there is no pcie slot.just have the pci slot that i have the new card in..maybe be time to move up,its 5 years old now,and its been flawless...thank you capt morgan 9

- Collapse -
PCI? We can do that.

CNET Forums

Forum Info