Question

Gaming computer won't power up / post / bios.

I've been working on this for a few weeks on my own now, I think it's about time I asked someone else.

Specs:

Motherboard: MSI X58 Pro-E
Processor: I7-960
CPU Cooler: Cool Master Hyper N520
Power Supply: Corsair AX750 Gold 80+
Video Card: GTX 295
Memory: Kingston DDR3 2GB (3 sticks)

Issue:

Okay, approximately 2 weeks ago, my computer crashed. I turned it back on, it started powering up but would not post to bios. I tried exchanging out memory first. Replaced the motherboard with a brand new one (same motherboard). Replaced the power supply (it was originally a 750W seasonic 80+ gold). Replaced the CPU (originally an i7-950). The only three things I haven't replaced are the memory, hard drive and CD drive. The computer turns on just fine, all fans running, everything powering up - but only when I don't have the power cord plugged in for the processor itself. When I plug in the CPU and try to turn the computer on, nothing powers up.

I've troubleshooted every piece of hardware I can think of and replaced everything I can think of that would cause these sort of symptoms. With everything in my computer pretty much brand new I just don't know where to turn to anymore. If anyone can help me, please hit me up. This is my first time here so I'll try to keep checking in everyday for responses. I'm not a super savvy computer tech, I just know what I've learned through trial and error and playing video games for 20 years. I think I've exhausted everything I can think of, time to turn to people who know more. Please help!
Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Gaming computer won't power up / post / bios.
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Gaming computer won't power up / post / bios.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments

CNET Forums