Question

Gaming Computer

I am looking for a new pc, my other one broke. I was looking at a i5 or i7, at least 4Gb of ram, 15" screen and up, 320 or more storage. I really don't care about the weight, just looking for one under 1200 and can play Diablo 3 or guild wars 2. I am a student, but take great care of my computers. Also I am not to picky about the brand as long as it has a good feel to it and does not look really bad. Any one have idea what i should look for? Thanks in advance

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Gaming Computer
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Gaming Computer
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
(NT) Did you check out the usual Alienware or XPS?
- Collapse -
computer

yeah I look at them both they were really nice but they seem to over priced for what they were offering. The XPS did not have the screen I was looking for it only went up to about 15 inches and with the i7 in it it was 1500 compared to a ASUS with an i7 and almost identical specs with a bigger screen is less. Thanks for the reply.

- Collapse -
Why the i7? You've read such as the following?

"Our tests demonstrate fairly little difference between a $225 LGA 1155 Core i5-2500K and a $1000 LGA 2011 Core i7-3960X, even when three-way graphics card configurations are involved. It turns out that memory bandwidth and PCIe throughput don't hold back the performance of existing Sandy Bridge-based machines. "
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-cpu-review-overclock,3106-4.html

As to your comment about prices. I think many have a champagne taste but a beer budget. I didn't find the Alienware or Apple units over priced. I compared what's in the entire package and you are getting what you pay for.

Odd to get the i7 though. Not always the fastest option for games.
Bob

- Collapse -
Answer
here are some comparisions

CNET Forums